The Star Wars Thread

Katsuya

Seriously, I really don’t want them to undo anything from The Last Jedi.

And I pretty much want Kylo to go completely unredeemed and get wrecked by Rey, The First of Her Name.

And let’s get an Ewok/Porg team-up going.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/04/2019 at 14:15, Skummy said:

I think the "Rise Of Skywalker" will refer to Leia, some grand final gesture from her. Though LD's prediction is probably closer to the mark.

Definitely sounds like the Emperor's laugh at the end, huh?

I give no shits about any of the new trilogy leads, though, given how inconsistently they've been written for the past two movies, so *shrugs*.

I'm thinking "Rise Of Skywalker" might point to Luke. Or, in a massive swerve, Anakin (NOT VADER!) somehow comes back to life. (I hope I'm wrong on that one....) Or Rey being a red herring and Luke's actual kid popping up and kicking ass.

This trilogy should not lead to Kylo Ren being redeemed. He crossed the line of that being acceptable when he killed his own father in cold blood, and taking the Skywalker name would be crapping on his father's grave. What Kylo Ren deserves is to die by lightsaber enema.

My theory on the title is that a Skywalker is going to replace a Jedi. Luke was adamant that the Jedi were dead, long gone and never to return... but there will continue to be force users beyond Kylo Ren, that oppose the darkness. I believe the new force users who consider themselves good guys will become Skywalkers, as opposed to Jedi, getting rid of the antiquated Jedi laws that restrict their lives and replacing them with family, love and a reason to fight.

My theory is that it will literally be Return of the Jedi. Like, all the new footage we saw was just the trailer. It's not in the film.

The only difference will be that the Ewoks will be CG and  sexier. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gabriel said:

My theory on the title is that a Skywalker is going to replace a Jedi. Luke was adamant that the Jedi were dead, long gone and never to return... but there will continue to be force users beyond Kylo Ren, that oppose the darkness. I believe the new force users who consider themselves good guys will become Skywalkers, as opposed to Jedi, getting rid of the antiquated Jedi laws that restrict their lives and replacing them with family, love and a reason to fight.

On 12/04/2019 at 13:03, Maxx said:

Jedi are dead, Rey will start a new order and call them Skywalkers.  That's my guess at a dumb direction they could go.

First fantasy baseball and now this silly idea, stop trying to co-opt my things!

15 minutes ago, LittleDaniel said:

y'all are gonna be upset when reylo happens and kylo gets his redemption, huh?

When The Force Awakens came out, the perfect endgame for me would have been Rey and Ren having to work together, utilizing both the light and dark sides of the force to defeat Snoke and cripple both the Jedi and Sith and starting a new era where there are no specific good or bad Force Orders.

13 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

When The Force Awakens came out, the perfect endgame for me would have been Rey and Ren having to work together, utilizing both the light and dark sides of the force to defeat Snoke and cripple both the Jedi and Sith and starting a new era where there are no specific good or bad Force Orders.

Well we got halfway there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...