2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good fit for Honey Badger lining him up with Patrick Peterson. We'll see if he overcomes his personal problems, if he can he is going to part of an Arizona defense that could be dominant for a number of years to come. Really with or without Mathieu that will be the case, but he could make it that much better.

I understand why Arizona grabbed Mathieu (because of Peterson), but i'm one of those guys who just doesn't see good things for him. I see him screwing up in the next couple of years, getting booted from the team and because of his past, nobody taking a chance on him...well, maybe Oakland or Cincinnati.

Time for the Cowboys to select another player I've never heard of. I want them to take Barkley, not just because I hate Romo, but we need a backup, Orton won't be serviceable forever.

Time for the Cowboys to select another player I've never heard of. I want them to take Barkley, not just because I hate Romo, but we need a backup, Orton won't be serviceable forever.

I was so hoping for this but maybe Jerry won't do this after giving him a new contract

I understand why Arizona grabbed Mathieu (because of Peterson), but i'm one of those guys who just doesn't see good things for him. I see him screwing up in the next couple of years, getting booted from the team and because of his past, nobody taking a chance on him...well, maybe Oakland or Cincinnati.

Since he's agreed to to take weekly drug tests, I have a hard time believing he's gonna screw up. He seems like he's genuinely trying to change.

Also, they didn't take him simply because of Peterson, they took him because CB was a huge need and he's probably the most talented one that was available.

Here's a great "what if?" scenario.

If Barkley came out of school last year he was a sure top 10 pick. What if Washington, feeling secure that they were getting one of the big 3 QBs in the draft, didn't trade up with St. Louis? Where is RG3? Does Cleveland take Griffin or Barkley instead of Richardson? There are so many fascinating scenarios that a year later have already come from this.

Pretty happy with the Cards business last night. Kevin Minter is a great linebacker prospect and I'm certain that if Mathieu can just get past those personal problems he can be a top, top player. Hopefully pairing him up with Peterson will help him, it should be a good fit.