2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the Raiders, Charles Woodson signed a one year contract to come home. I'm happy, but a little sad. He's one of my favorite Raiders of all-time, and I'm happy to see him in the silver and black again, but I wouldn't mind him getting another ring, and that's just not going to happen in Oakland this season.

Speaking of the Raiders, Charles Woodson signed a one year contract to come home. I'm happy, but a little sad. He's one of my favorite Raiders of all-time, and I'm happy to see him in the silver and black again, but I wouldn't mind him getting another ring, and that's just not going to happen in Oakland this season.

Back when he was visiting the 49ers the thought was that his contract demands were too high. I'm not sure if that was the case or not but it sounds a lot like he had some chances to chase a ring and didn't for whatever reason.

Talking about this totally reminded me that the 49ers signed Asomugha. I totally forgot about that. :mellow:

I'm just not a big fan of Congress stepping in; they have better things to do. Not that they'll necessarily accomplish those better things but that's where their focus should be.

I don't think Congress can force a name change. Just ask for one. Unless they actually go out of their way and pass a bill that declares the name is offensive. And they've got more important things to do. Like making the rich richer, getting us into wars we don't need to be involved in, and keeping the gun nuts happy.

As for me, I find the New York Yankees baseball team's name offensive. Doubly so, as I'm a southerner with some Scottish ancestry. (On my mother's side. My real last name is actually Irish) The team was originally called the New York Highlanders *, and I would like for the name to be changed back. Then whenever they win a World Series, the owner would have to hoist the trophy high in the air and yell `THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!'

*Actually, they were originally the Baltimore Orioles, believe it or not!

Edited by GhostMachine

"The Other" Steve Smith of Giants fame retired today aged just 28. Reports are he turned down a a 5 year, $35mil contract with $15mil fully guaranteed from the Giants shortly before his injury which led him to walking as a free agent at the end of the season. Ouch.

This has got to be a wake up call for Victor Cruz.

That sucks. The guy was a real good weapon for us on third downs, almost automatic, shame to see that injuries did him in. A healthy Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, and Victor Cruz would be insane... albeit unrealistic. <_<

Apparently Jamarcus Russell is trying out for the Bears :(

If your worried, it means you think he has a shot of beating out Cutler. I wouldn't worry

I want Cutler to be Chicago's QB forever. As a Packers fan, I adore watching him curl up in the final position after being hit with a sack.