2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

Another fun thing to note is that the Browns are good enough on defense this year where they could probably scrape 4-5 wins and find themselves well out of contention for Clowney or Bridgewater.

Well that's where the extra 1st rounder would come into play, I'd assume.

Teams aren't trading out of those top 2 spots in the draft, the Rams doing it for RG3 was an anomaly. I know they probably think this is a surefire way to get it, but it's not.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are acting like I'm super happy and ecstatic about the trade, and I have no worries or concerns about it whatsoever and it was the best move in the history of moves. That's not the case. It worries me that the new regime is doing whatever they can to burn all ties to the previous regime, and it worries me that we just traded a guy who we spent the 3rd overall pick (and more picks to move up to that spot) on for a mid round 1st.

However, it's also not a sign of panic or city burning either. You can say all you want about other RBs who had a low ypc their rookie year or "if Richardson had a better OLine/QB/coach/breakfast routine he'd be amazing!" but I'm telling you that his explosiveness simply isn't there, and until he works out some of his kinks he'll never be a top RB in this league. Will he? I hope so, but it won't be on the Browns, and that's what matters now.

I get that it's super fun to bash on Browns fans especially the optimistic ones, but I'm not as blind as you guys are making me out to be. I think it's a questionable, risky move that ultimately will be either extremely positive or extremely negative, there's no middle ground here. But I had to stand up for my team a little bit since this thread quickly turned into "Look how dumb the Browns are 2013 edition".

Nobody's bashing Browns fans simply because it's "fun", they're pointing out that defending the trade is foolish. If a team makes a dumb move, they'll be called on it. It's that simple. I get that you want to defend your favorite team but implying that any of us are doing it simply because it's the Browns is dumb. Yes, there's a certain amount of "lol Browns" but that's because it's deserved.

Another fun thing to note is that the Browns are good enough on defense this year where they could probably scrape 4-5 wins and find themselves well out of contention for Clowney or Bridgewater.

Well that's where the extra 1st rounder would come into play, I'd assume.

Teams aren't trading out of those top 2 spots in the draft, the Rams doing it for RG3 was an anomaly. I know they probably think this is a surefire way to get it, but it's not.

I wouldn't say it's impossible because the Steelers could be picking that high and I'm not sure they need a QB yet. Plus, a savvy team could fleece them for a ton of picks, knowing how badly they want to get up there.

Fuck the Browns. No doubt they'll pip the Jags to the number 1 pick somehow :(

Don't give up! If there's one thing the Jags are good at, it's losing. You just pray Gabbert starts again.

The only defense of the trade I can think of is that if the rest of the offence is so terrible that nobody could average over 3.5 yards per carry, why not cash him in for a pick that could be used for offensive line or quarterback help? Richardson might become a top 10 RB, but he's not Adrian Peterson, and the running back should be one of the last pieces of the puzzle, not the first. If the new regime can manage a solid 2014 draft, then they can go for a star back in 2015.

They should have shopped for a team worse than Indy, and I think Indy won the trade, but it's more of a 60-40 trade than a lol, Browns trade.

• Like 1

I don't really agree that RB is the last piece of the puzzle because that's dependent on what kind of offensive system is being run. For example, it wouldn't be the last piece in an offense like San Francisco's because they are predominantly a run team.

That said, I don't think that's quite the system they want to run in Cleveland so it's not completely insane from that point of view but that doesn't mean that they got fair value at all.

Team is own by a guy who defrauded people for millions, it's really no surprise.

Team is own by a guy who defrauded people for millions, it's really no surprise.

It's also unsurprising he might be trying to save money by unloading payroll.