Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

Not sure why everyone's spazzing at the price, you're kidding yourself if you thought it was going to be much cheaper than that.

It's not that I thought it'd be cheaper, I just think they should have done a fair exchange rate. Though, saying that, at the equivalent of £420, Americans would be paying upward of $600, so I'm not saying any of the prices are perfect as they are.

Not sure why everyone's spazzing at the price, you're kidding yourself if you thought it was going to be much cheaper than that.

I knew it'd be expensive but I just don't think they've done themselves any favours with it. If they'd gone in at like £299 then that might have turned a lot of people's heads. That and the case of we Europeans having to put up with an overpriced system in comparison to the Americans. Of course, we have to wait and see what the PS4 is launching at.

Now the show's over, I think they did a good job. They promised lots of games and they delivered, as well as adding a bit of value to the Gold subscription package. I don't think they'll have done anything to convince people who were already deadset against the system but to those on the fence, it's given them something to think about ahead of Sony's presentation.

• Like 1

It's not that I thought it'd be cheaper, I just think they should have done a fair exchange rate. Though, saying that, at the equivalent of £420, Americans would be paying upward of $600, so I'm not saying any of the prices are perfect as they are.

That's sort of fair enough, but that happens with everything, not just Microsoft and not just games consoles. Not saying it's right, I'm just saying it shouldn't be a surprise.

Have to admit, I might want a Xbox One now. Is Titanfall an exclusive?

Can't wait to see the PS4 stuff! They do have a special Final Fantasy announcement, I think.

Yup.

That's sort of fair enough, but that happens with everything, not just Microsoft and not just games consoles. Not saying it's right, I'm just saying it shouldn't be a surprise.

Assuming the American price is what they consider it's worth to be.. we're playing £100 over that. For no legitimate reason.

I think they've done enough to sell me on having the Xbox One unless the PS4 winds up being £50-75 cheaper and has enough exclusive games that appeal to me. Most of my friends play Xbox and will probably carry on playing it, so would rather not be playing the opposite console without very good reason.

Titanfall looks like a lot of fun and the first FPS WE ARE SOLDIERS RAAAAAAAARGH game that I might want. Hope I can play it at PAX this year. That being said, it'll still probably be at least a year after release that I get an Xbox One, if that.

Have to admit, I might want a Xbox One now. Is Titanfall an exclusive?

Can't wait to see the PS4 stuff! They do have a special Final Fantasy announcement, I think.

Yup.

Assuming the American price is what they consider it's worth to be.. we're playing £100 over that. For no legitimate reason.

"that happens with everything, not just Microsoft and not just games consoles. Not saying it's right, I'm just saying it shouldn't be a surprise."

I enjoyed that more than I thought I would, not counting technical hitches and rapey moments. Still concerned over the unexplained/poorly explained issues raised form the launch event, but we'll see.

Yeah, I have to ask if you've ever checked the US prices for anything ever if you're pissed at this. It was always going to be the case, just be happy they didn't just change the symbol and cut a bit off the price at least.