The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Is Manchester United vs. Swansea worth watching do you think?

Yes, the devils of Maaanchestor play their first league game after their manager for the last 26 years retired and are the defending champions and the swaaans of Swaaansay Citay are a good, up and coming team who play an attractive passing game.

Yeah, that's the best match of the day on paper. I should send you a PM explaining all the teams in super-simplistic American fashion.

• Like 1

Just equate them to American teams.

For example,

Man Utd - San Antonio Spurs, always seem to be winning

Man City - Miami Heat, bought their success.

Newcastle - Whatever team has the most unfoundedly optimistic fans if they win a game and the most unfoundedly pessimistic fans if they lose.

Yeah, that's the best match of the day on paper. I should send you a PM explaining all the teams in super-simplistic American fashion.

No. You post that in here for us all to enjoy.

• Like 1

Swansea: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams, Ben Davies, Canas, Britton, Dyer, Shelvey, Routledge, Michu. Subs: Amat, Taylor, Bony, Hernandez, Ki, Pozuelo, Tremmel.

Man Utd: De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Cleverley, Carrick, Valencia, Giggs, Welbeck, van Persie. Subs: Anderson, Rooney, Smalling, Lindegaard, Fabio Da Silva, Kagawa, Zaha.

Referee: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire)

The Sky graphic had United as a 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) with Giggs playing off RVP. Would it not make more sense as a 4-3-3 with Valencia and Welbeck higher up on the wings and Giggs further back?

Or maybe there's no real difference. Either way. :shifty:

Yes, for the past 20 years Swansea have been destroying teams left, right and centre and giving opposition players horrific injuries whilst mocking them and smashing up their changing rooms. It's up to plucky little Manchester United to save the day and knock them off their perch!

• Like 1

That would be wonderful actually. Swansea has a pretty logo and a guy named Chico. Thats a couple points for them :P

• Like 1

That would be wonderful actually. Swansea has a pretty logo and a guy named Chico. Thats a couple points for them :P

Chico Flores actually.... which translates to Flower Boy.

I don't like this studio audience thing. It's weird.

Need to break out that old flow chart for Srar's benefit, especially if it's been upated to include Cardiff/Hull/Palace, even if it'd just be:

"Do you, for some reason, like cities that are shitholes?"
"Yes."
"Do you prefer them in England or Wales?"

And, yeah, actually seeing this for once since it's a free day or whatever and I don't see the benefit of having the public in the studio. Are they planning on asking them their opinions at HT/FT? Everyone knows that the average joe doesn't have anything meaningful to say.

• Like 1