The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Januzaj can never be eligible for England anyway, having a passport through residency won't cut it under the Home Nations agreement. Never saw the point in that anyway, just all of them shooting themselves in the foot really.

Januzaj can never be eligible for England anyway, having a passport through residency won't cut it under the Home Nations agreement. Never saw the point in that anyway, just all of them shooting themselves in the foot really.

Actually you can be eligible that way

• Admin

Yeah, and Diego Costa is going to play for Spain after living there for five years.

The Home Nations have a different agreement iirc, as they're qualifying as a British citizen and therefore could theoretically represent England, Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland.

Januzaj is clearly an amazing player that will change the face of football, just like Macheda before him.

He's ripping up trees at Doncaster!

Wasn't Almunia eligible for England, and considering playing as he'd never get a game with Casillas/Reina/Valdes in front of him.

Wasn't near a laptop when I saw it live so I'll say it now.

De Gea :wub: What a save!

Oh and Januzaj also did well, I guess <_<

After he made that save, I said to my girlfriend "At least he's trying. If only the others would pull their fingers out."

The Januzaj wank fest started soon after, and rightly so, but De Gea was just as responsible for us winning that game.

• Like 1

I know if I was the lad, I'd definitely pass up the opportunity to play alongside Hazard, Lukaku, Kompany, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Witsel, De Bruyne, Benteke, Dembele, Courtois and Mingolet to rub shoulders with Milner, Ruddy and Lambert.

• Like 3

Actually you can be eligible that way

No you can't. Not unless you were also educated in the UK country of choosing for 5 years before you turned 18, which Januzaj wasn't so the only way he becomes eligible is if the Home Nations agreement is scrapped.

All that Arteta, Almunia and Cudicini nonsense predated the agreement becoming official

Apparently he wants to play for Albania anyway and has turned Belgium down at an underage level before.