The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

• Admin

The charges are deserved. You can't forbid one cross-section of the population for using a word and allow the rest to say it. Spurs fans have no right to use the word then complain when others use it. It's all or nothing.

I mean, it's obviously very unlikely that the Spurs fans are using it for anti-Semitic reasons, but I don't want to live in a society where part of the population is allowed to use a word that is forbidden to the rest.

That's fairly elementary reasoning.

That's asinine. Stop trolling. It is still OK for black people to call each other N(egrito) - you can't tell a group of people you aren't a part of what they are and are not allowed to be offended by.

Except not every Spurs supporter is actually Jewish.

Lies. Although I have my doubts about the black chap a couple of rows behind me.

• Admin
Everton have been fined £45,000 by the Football Association for an unauthorised approach for Nottingham Forest's Jamaal Lascelles in 2010. The Toffees have also been warned about their future conduct after breaching the FA's football agent regulations.

Tottenham fans are acting like pupils at my school with regards to the Yid thing.

Whether or not you've 'reclaimed it', if the police/governing bodies/stewards/clubs have said they will be stopping people doing it due to it being a potentially racially insensitive word, don't moan when, if you do it again, people get arrested.

Everton have been fined £45,000 by the Football Association for an unauthorised approach for Nottingham Forest's Jamaal Lascelles in 2010. The Toffees have also been warned about their future conduct after breaching the FA's football agent regulations.

Fucking Moyes.

• Admin
A consortium led by Manchester City have taken over Australian side Melbourne Heart.
City's chief executive Ferran Soriano said: "We are excited about the opportunity to make Melbourne Heart one of the most successful football clubs in Australia and throughout the region.
"We believe the strong sports culture of Melbourne, combined with the football and commercial expertise within our consortium, will make for a powerful combination both on and off the pitch."
The consortium which has bought Heart - who are currently bottom of the 10-team A-League table - sees the group which owns rugby league's Melbourne Storm take a 20% stake in the club.

Osvaldo punched our goalkeeping coach in the balls last month, he's mental.

Mike Williamson has had the OG he scored in the Weat Ham game removed and recredited to Carlton Cole. That's really rubbish news, all I actually wanted to post was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JRT0Tnb0Y

Get Mike to Brazil,

Get Mike to Braziii-il,

He's better than Cahill

Get Mike to Brazil.

:shifty:

• Like 2

• Admin
West Bromwich Albion striker Nicolas Anelka has denied an FA charge brought against him for performing a "quenelle" gesture after scoring against West Ham. Anelka, 34, has requested a personal hearing with the Football Association and could face a minimum five-game ban.
Alexander Kacaniklic has signed a one-year contract extension with Fulham.
Liverpool defender Glen Johnson faces an "indefinite" period on the sidelines with injury, according to Brendan Rodgers.