Champions League 2013/14

METALMAN

He should be sacked. There are no signs of improvement, in fact since the turn of the year our form has been awful. Celebrating wins against Crystal Palace shows exactly how far we've fallen.

I want to see what he does to supposedly overhaul the squad in the summer. Only Fergie or Jose could manage Cleverley, Young, Smalling etc. and get performances out of them. All 3 need to go.

Probably a little harsh on Young as he did ok tonight. But he's just so inconsistent like so many of them.

If Moyes does bring in 3/4 top quality players and things don't change, then get rid of him.

I will say though, for the first time this season, if I woke up tomorrow morning and saw that he'd been sacked, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I don't see how anyone could do much worse with the squad at hand. Yes, it's lacking in defence and midfield but the attack should be frightening teams. It simply isn't at the moment.

Serious question. I got moaned at for merely suggesting it before, but what does Moyes have to do to get sacked? Finishing possibly 7th and doing very little in the cup competitions is surely way below minimum requirements even in a "transition" season.

I'm not saying we should necessarily sack him, but the question should be asked surely? Would he still be in a job at Chelsea, City, Real, Barca, Munich etc? Again, genuine question. Interested to see what people think outside of the "lol united" and "united dont sack managers" arguments.

Money in the summer to get his apparently 'top quality' targets and then no slip up's what so ever come next season. He could of likely got a few seasons without actually winning a great deal in terms of trophies, but I'd expect he won't get that luxury now. Finishing outside of the top four and being knocked out of the cups by Swansea, Sunderland and Olympiakos (if we don't turn it around in the second leg of course, which I still think we will anyway) basically leaves him in deep shit heading into next season.

His big problem right now is that he's not even showing signs of a new system or a new set of tactics. It's not like we're losing but have a "Oh, well we're at least changing the system and building that for the future". It's us playing similar style tactics to what we did in the last year or two under Fergie but performing under them terribly.

Confident he'll be here next season but expect it'll be a case of having to show massive improvements or his time is up. I've been a defender of Moyes but he's drawing closer and closer to being completely fucked.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

This knockout stage is really not providing the best advertisement for the Premier League. Three losses out of three, two of them at home and the other to Olympiakos, and not one of them has scored a goal.

Admittedly they are playing strong opposition but it just shows that there's a worrying gulf appearing between the top teams in England and the top teams in the rest of Europe. And Olympiakos.

To be fair if Arsenal scored that penalty it could have been a completely different game. We beat then last year, beat Dortmund, Man City have beaten Real Madrid last year in group stages didn't they? And Chelsea obviously won the tournament.

I don't think it's a terribly fair representation to be fair.

I wonder if Roy is going to continue to select Smalling, Cleverley etc. for England based on them being Man Utd players now they're not even a top 4 team?

This result is unforgivable really. If they go out to this team, playing this badly, Moyes deserves all he gets. I really like the guy, as an Everton fan I want to see him succeed because he did a very, very good job at Goodison Park and I thought he'd step up successfully but it just hasn't even come close to happening so far and it is one bad result after another after another.

The funniest thing about this is watching all the pundits twist themselves inside out trying to blame everyone but Moyes. Apparently it's Ferguson's fault for leaving him a squad that won the title by 11 points last season which has had £70m worth of players added to it.

Imagine the shit Moyes would be getting if he was foreign. Pellegrini's getting it in the neck and he could still end this season with a couple of trophies.

• Like 1

It's an average team barring a few quality players which used to be managed by the best British based manager of the modern game to being managed by Moyes who did a good job with Everton and has had to step up to a bigger team. United weren't anything special last year, Van Persie actually had a fully fit season and the rest of the prem underperformed in a sense. With the right signings and getting rid of deadweight they can turn it around but you would be hoping that you didn't end up in the Europa league and having to do a Thursday/Sunday

The funniest thing about this is watching all the pundits twist themselves inside out trying to blame everyone but Moyes. Apparently it's Ferguson's fault for leaving him a squad that won the title by 11 points last season which has had £70m worth of players added to it.

Imagine the shit Moyes would be getting if he was foreign. Pellegrini's getting it in the neck and he could still end this season with a couple of trophies.

If AVB was managing United he'd have been fucking slaughtered. I don't think Moyes is awful, but the media bias against foreign managers who aren't Mourinho is silly.