2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

I've missed too much of the world cup anyway cause the office manager decided to be so selfish and get married and go on his honeymoon so I have to be in everyday during the world cup.... So selfish :/

I have decided that considering that there are a lot of fellow Americans who don't regularly watch the World Cup, I'd offer helpful previews of the knockout stage matches. Let's call it, uh.

GoGo Yubari Presents the GoGo Freelance World Cup Preview Spectacular, As Reported by GoGo "Scoop" Yubari!

Or something. Let's start.

Brazil vs. Chile

Brazil is representing Benkid in this match, Chile is representing Starvinho. Advantage: Brazil.

Here's What You Should Know About Chile!: They were everyone's third or fourth favorite team in the 2010 World Cup and remain good! If you pronounce their name the correct way you somehow feel both better and worse than everyone else around you? It's weird.

Here's What You Should Know About Brazil!: If they lose this match, the World Cup will be over.

A Quick Summary of this Matchup: Chile have never beaten Brazil. If Brazil loses this match THE WORLD CUP WILL BE OVER, SERIOUSLY, THEY ARE GOING TO BLOW UP EVERY STADIUM.

And now, the most important factor in determining a winner. WHO HAS THE BETTER NATIONAL ANTHEM:

in a walk. It's majestic, like a unicorn. Light as air but emotionally stirring.
sounds like it should be the the anthem of a stuffy private school.

Again, if I picked otherwise THE WORLD CUP WOULD BE OVER.

In conclusion, the winner? Brazil.

Colombia vs. Uruguay

Colombia is representing Plubby. Uruguay represents TCO. This is a tough choice, but Plubby and I are fellow Spurs supporters and that means that everything we support falls apart on us horrifically. Advantage, Uruguay.

Here's What You Should Know About Colombia!: They made the horrifying mistake of not calling in my beloved Fredy Montero when Falcao went down with an injury. HOW DARE THEY. Sure, Montero only scored in the first half of the season and hasn't scored a single goal this calendar year, and has had no real involvement with the Colombian national team in about half a decade, and I'm only even mad about this because he was a Sounder for years. IT'S NOT IRRATIONAL I AM NOT BEING IRRATIONAL SHUT UP.

But it's not all bad news for Colombia, because Uruguay. Oh my god, Uruguay.

Here's What You Should Know About Uruguay!: Let's pretend there was a friend you met in college, and that friend seemed incredibly cool and exciting and engaging and willing to take on the motherfucking world. That's cool, right? That guy's cool. Now imagine you finally find the time to hang out with them four years later and suddenly all that cool rebellion just seems kind of douchey, and the social causes they're fighting for now just ring as pretentious and delusional. And moreover, they just look old. That's Uruguay. That's what's become of Uruguay.

Diego Forlan's still cool, though, even though he's old.

A Quick Summary of this Matchup: Colombia will play strong, attacking football. Uruguay will try to pass it to Suarez and then go "aw, fuck."

And now, the most important factor in determining a winner. WHO HAS THE BETTER NATIONAL ANTHEM: Oh, holy shit, it's
Uruguay's is amazing. I'm not even going to link to Colombia's, there is no point. It doesn't make you want to suddenly be a pirate and go swashbuckling, what's the point?

But even with The Most Important Factor against them, Colombia still takes this. You know which member of the Colombian national team is nicknamed "Bitey?" No? Exactly.
  • Like 12

I also had quite a nice and productive day off today too. I'm ready to get back in the swing of things tomorrow.

Is Spurs the way to go in finding an EPL team to support? I was leaning toward Liverpool (Beatles fan), but they have Suarez so fuck that. I like Newcastle beer, so maybe them? Woo me!

I also had quite a nice and productive day off today too. I'm ready to get back in the swing of things tomorrow.

Is Spurs the way to go in finding an EPL team to support? I was leaning toward Liverpool (Beatles fan), but they have Suarez so fuck that. I like Newcastle beer, so maybe them? Woo me!

Pick Newcastle so that there's one sport where we don't hate each other's teams.

• Like 1

Pick Newcastle so that there's one sport where we don't hate each other's teams.

Don't support Newcastle, it's about as pleasurable as having someone stand on your balls and then someone else hands them weights.

The haircut that will sweep America

10277722_722867481082089_851928433387691

I'm going for a Beckerman.

http://www.selectsmart.com/premier/ - use this, just sub promotion/relegation teams if you get one.

1. 100% - Swansea

7. 66% - Newcastle

20. 11% - Aston Villa

100% Norwich City (because my favorite color is green? I put that that had low priority! And I hate yellow!)

85% Newcastle (good beer, Gazz says I'll cry though)

78% Tottenham (Meh?)

78% Swansea (Swan!)

71% Cardiff/Chelsea/Liverpool (Cardiff wouldn't be bad I guess? I have a cousin named Chelsea! No Liverpool.)

Norwich aren't in the Premier League anymore, so I wouldn't choose them, thankfully for you. Also, there are plenty of Spurs fans on here, so if talking about football with other fans of the same club will help you get into it, then maybe that's a good choice? We'll add you to the PM conversation and everything!