2014 NFL Offseason Thread

Lint

ANALYSIS: Mike Evans sounds like a Hollywood agent who has a lot of young actors but is really in it for the blow. Enjoy Florida, Mike!

ANALYSIS: Justin Gilbert is the name of a guy who drives a Prius and doesn't make a big deal of it. He's okay but overall a disappointing pick from Cleveland.

Why not just pick him at 9? I don't get it

They must've been convinced that somebody else would trade with the Vikings to nab GIlbert. Vikings convince them so, Browns offer more than the so-called offer and they get their guy.

Vikings literally did the exact same thing with the Browns so they could pick Richardson.

Where is my GoGo analysis of the Khalil Mack pick?

ANALYSIS: Khalil Mack offers great versatility for lazy sports writers. MACK TRUCK. MACK DADDY. And it's a fun name to say. Very savvy pick from Oakland.

Surely if they are willing to trade you their pick they don't want the guy you want right? So weird to me

It depends. Minnesota could say "we want Gilbert or someone else" and the browns say "please don't take Gilbert, we want him" and then Minny can say "ok, we will take your fifth, let you take Gilbert, and we can take the other guy we want".

• Like 1