The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Farcical. Big changes needed otherwise Chelsea are running away with this.

If the referee hadn't have robbed you in midweek you would have had the morale to win today. It's a week long screwjob.

• Like 9

Farcical. Big changes needed otherwise Chelsea are running away with this.

That's what people were saying last year, but then Pellegrini pulled it out of the bag.

Difference being Chelsea were missing a top striker last year. I honestly can't see them falling away again.

Also, what Ellis said.

Edited by Hughes

• Admin

2d8f73cce66d75bc860b8a2e1d531c09

" data-width="466">

Balotelli hasn't been having a bad game. Lovren had a shot cleared off the line. Possible claims for 2 penalties.

I would suspect we see Coutinho and Henderson in the second half. Hull haven't done much but Diame is Cesaro like in his strong-ness.

• Admin
Swansea City manager Garry Monk makes two changes to the team which lost to Stoke in controversial circumstances last Sunday, with Jonjo Shelvey returning from suspension to start in place of Tom Carroll. Summer signing Jefferson Montero makes his first Premier League start, coming in for Nathan Dyer. There are four changes for Leicester with Riyad Mahrez, Dean Hammond, Jamie Vardy and David Nugent replacing Marc Albrighton, Esteban Cambiasso, Matty James and Jeffrey Schlupp.
Swansea XI: Fabianski, Rangel, Williams, Fernandez, Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Montero, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Bony.
Leicester XI: Schmeichel, de Laet, Morgan, Moore, Konchesky, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Hammond, Vardy, Ulloa, Nugent.

Wow, you are a fucking disgrace Balotelli. Get the fuck away from the first team.

Harsh. He had a fairly good game and some decent chances. :-/

Things improved a lot when Coutinho and Lambert came on. Perhaps a sign that having someone with Balotelli up front helps. Late flurry came a little too late. Rarely was either keeper tested.

Liverpool kept a clean sheet!

When you're a striker who is seemingly physically incapable of scoring when presented with numerous good opportunities to do so, that is not a good game, to me. He had 3 clear chances to score in the second half, and fluffed them all.

It's a shame too because if we had a half-decent striker next to Lambert, this game was won. Two strikers is the formation we've always needed to use, I don't know why Rodgers continues to shy away from it. I liked Emre Can today, he showed good purpose going forward, good energy.

Balotelli is under such a microscope that literally anything he does wrong will get blown up 1000%. He made some good runs, he had a couple of chances late on. Bad luck more than anything prevented him from scoring. He was awful at QPR but not today. Today he was just unlucky.

I feel he's hamstrung by Sturridge's injury because I don't think Liverpool have a striker who can offer Balotelli support for 90 mins. Your only other options are the glacially slow Rickie Lambert or Fabio Borini who hasn't exactly proven himself for Liverpool either.

That is a major part of Liverpool's problem, I feel. Sturridge can play as a lone striker, if need be, Balotelli clearly cannot. So that makes Sturridge the focal point of your attack, but you cannot rely on Studge to stay fit throughout a whole season, sadly.