The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

He's alright. He's happy he's earning more, giving him a chance to better support his family but he's been a bit sad too. Not so much homesick, but it's the comforts of living down south he's missing.

It's quite different for the Lambert family in Liverpool. He's a bit worried about the kids at school, fot example.

• Like 2

He's alright. He's happy he's earning more, giving him a chance to better support his family but he's been a bit sad too. Not so much homesick, but it's the comforts of living down south he's missing.

It's quite different for the Lambert family in Liverpool. He's a bit worried about the kids at school, fot example.

Running water, electricity and people that can speak English?

• Like 4

I assumed he meant scouse people can't speak English. He's not fluent yet but its amazing how fast Carragher picked up the language since he started with Sky.

Edited by TCO
  • Like 1

You can't understand this?

Puttin on the captions was the best thing I've done today.

It thinks he is speaking Dutch :lol:

Most of the foreigners in London speak English better than people from up north...

• Like 1

Courtois will shortly be playing in a Chelsea shirt for the first time as Chelsea take on Werder Bremen at 4pm.

The other WC players most recently returning, Hazard and Mikel, are also expected to get minutes in the second half - and Drogba as well!

Starting line-up: Courtois; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Terry, Luis; Van Ginkel, Matic; Salah, Fabregas, Torres; Costa

Subs: Cech, Ivanovic, Ake, Hazard, Mikel, Drogba, Cahill, Chalobah, Baker, Christensen, Boga, Solanke

(The Brazilians and Shirley remain on holiday for the time being)

Even I can't understand Jamie Carragher half the time.

I can understand Jamie Carragher 100% of the time and I'm not even English! :P

Also Summs Rickie Lambert joke would've worked better if Lambert wasn't more or less from the area he's gone back to play in. :shifty:

Pedantry aside Rickie Lambert has been OK in friendlies thus far, I guess. I think it's hard to judge players based on friendly appearances.

He's been alright, been getting in the right positions and places but probably should have scored at least one of the chances he's had. But yeh its hard to gain a better understanding when its just preseason matches with the teams always interchanging and not being involved in a consistent starting XI.