The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Is the 12:45 "package" better than the 5:30 one, or are they equal in terms of match quality?

EDIT: Also, is anything due to change before 2016, or are we set until then with the same packages? Not including Sky's loss of CL football, obv.

Working on the assumption that commercial subscriptions are more important than private ones then I'd say the tea time is more important. For example in my local the pub would be full for a Leeds game in the evening, but these 12.15 kickoffs on sky draw in maybe 30 people. Saturday afternoons frankly just aren't convenient to a lot of people, and if they are there's a fair chance they're probably going to watch their team at 3pm anyway so they won't be watching on tv

In theory I'd only really consider going to the pub for the evening games. Sunday afternoons are 'sit on the sofa and do fuck all this afternoon' games.

Also, in team news, Sinclair starts over Cleverley tonight for Villa!

Admittedly the younger generation probably turn out in greater numbers for the Saturday tea time games but without question the most popular time is Sunday afternoon... But that's probably as much to do with drinking culture as anything and will probably fade away unless our generation embrace the Sunday afternoon in the pub culture.

Hoping for a good game, managed to get a last minute ticket

Quietly confident, we've got a good record at home against Tottenham and after the crap game against Everton we need to pick up the 3 points tonight.

Edited by DavidMarrio