The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Maybe it's because I'm not a footballing genius but how is playing Rooney in midfield better than playing an actual midfielder there? Drop RVP from the team for once and stick him up top to see how he works with Falcao.

• Like 2

Maybe it's because I'm not a footballing genius but how is playing Rooney in midfield better than playing an actual midfielder there? Drop RVP from the team for once and stick him up top to see how he works with Falcao.

Agree with this. I don't mind Rooney in there as he's clearly capable enough to do the job. But doing it so that we can fit RVP into the team seems odd when you consider RVP has been garbage lately and Herrera has looked great every time he's been on the pitch.

RVP for Wilson would also be preferable at this point.

Either way there is absolutely no balance to that team.

I don't know how there is "no balance" to the team. Rooney has been playing centre mid for a while now and Di Maria likes to run at people from deep, with Blind protecting the back 4.

It's not how I would choose to line us up personally, but to say it has no balance is pretty inaccurate. It's hardly going to be Rooney, Januzaj and Di Maria playing on RVP and Falcao's toes.

Might as well stick RVP at CB too then. Balance.

Brench is just too conditioned to the negative tactics of Paul Lambert.

It makes perfect sense to pick seven attack minded players when playing away from home.

• Like 1

Either way there is absolutely no balance to that team.

I don't know how there is "no balance" to the team. Rooney has been playing centre mid for a while now and Di Maria likes to run at people from deep, with Blind protecting the back 4.

It's not how I would choose to line us up personally, but to say it has no balance is pretty inaccurate. It's hardly going to be Rooney, Januzaj and Di Maria playing on RVP and Falcao's toes.

Might as well stick RVP at CB too then. Balance.

:rolleyes:

Our front two just look so ineffective at the minute. Might be time to give Wilson a run in the side.

Carragher had it spot on at half time with what he said about RVP and Falcao as a partnership.

I don't understand why we didn't start with Fellaini against a team who play as direct as West Ham.

We need to drop this Rooney in midfield nonsense, especially when you have two of them sat on the bench, and move him back up to the pitch as a striker where he will score goals. I have no doubt he would have put away the chance Falcao squandered.

I don't understand why we didn't start with Fellaini against a team who play as direct as West Ham.

Didn't see the match (only just got in), but I note that West Ham's % of short passes is 80% to Man Utd's 79%...

• Like 4

Yeah West Ham don't really play all that direct these days. Though we still should have been playing Fellaini to help us defending set pieces.

We only have one tactic whether it's the first minute or the 93rd. Long, diagonal ball. Only difference is we had Fellaini to win some late on.

I know we didn't play well today, and that's how we got the goal, but that's not even remotely true.

Anyway, have to be pleased with a point in the end. If nothing else, it's another tough away game out of the way. Two great finishes in that game by the way.