The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Looking at the rest of the season is interesting...

I don't like predicting results game-by-game because one cock-up throws everything out (e.g. who would predict we'd draw 0-0 at home to Norwich last year?). Instead I go with total number of results and just adjust an overall level of optimism/pessimism to apply something that (hopefully) sounds fairly conservative.

14 games to go. Seven point lead.

Chelsea have eight games at home: Everton, Burnley, Southampton, Stoke, Man Utd, Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Sunderland.

Let's say that comes to a fairly conservative W4 D3 L1. (15 pts)

Six games away. West Ham, Hull, QPR, Arsenal, Leicester, West Brom.

From that I'll say W3 D2 L1. (11 pts)

26 pts added to our current 56 pts equals a final total of 82 pts (aka 33 pts more than City have at the moment).

Therefore, in this scenario, Man City have a margin of 9 pts that they can afford drop from their remaining games (33 pts from a max 42 pts) if they're to possibly win on goal difference.

Their 'danger' fixtures that jump out at me for this are Stoke away, Liverpool away, Man Utd away, Tottenham away. Obviously I would never have predicted that they drop points at home to Hull, for instance, so this will probably be entirely wrong.

Either way, my very vague prediction is that Chelsea will finish the season with 82 pts. Will this be enough to make them champions? I certainly hope so...

Can't wait for the HOOOFFFF derby between Burnley and Man Utd on Wednesday.

Burnley: 1877 long passes attempted

Man Utd: 1861 long passes attempted

Number 1 V Number 2 on the Prem.

Also, Lucas looks like he might be out for the long term with the injury he picked up against Everton. He's been immense for us this season and really helps our team, losing him is a blow. Don't know if Brendan will move Can to DM and play Lovren or Toure in the back 3, play Allen as a replacement for Lucas or change formation again :(

• Like 1

As solid as he's been as part of the back 3, Emre Can is a central midfielder. He's good defensively, can pick out a pass, drives forward with the ball... he needs to slot into that midfield alongside Jordan Henderson.