The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I'm so sick of promoted clubs sacking their managers when they struggle in the Premiership. What exactly are the Chairmen expecting from what is usually either a young team or a team of veterans?

Probably that they bring in the next Pochettino, or something. Some managers, like players, have a certain level. I'm not saying that's not the case with Pearson, but players who play a huge role in a club's promotion can often be dropped pretty quickly at Prem, it's not too surprising similar things happen with managers.

Speaking of 'Arry, I enjoyed reading this QPR fan's view the other day: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/37757

He's totally right about Redknapp and Hughes.

Fair play for the start of his time at Spurs - there was no heart or ANYTHING when Ramos left us with 2 points out of the first 8 games before 'Arry came in. He took us to midtable pretty much on heart and guts that season and then to 4th on the back of some VERY good players. Look at the 2011/12 season and it shows the problem. 14 games into the season we were third with 11 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats. Then we lose a ridiculous number of point lead over Arsenal because he's got no plan B.

His plan A was "Go out there and try. Then I'll take Van der Vaart off after 60 minutes and get the lad Livermore on to "protect" our one goal lead / the draw". He had no plan B.

That squad with Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale, Defoe, DECENT Adebayor and Parker probably ended up UNDER-ACHIEVING. Saha and Nelson in during January when still theoretically in the race to win the league (albeit very unlikely)?! Ridiculous. Also he didn't bother with the Europa League.

The second half of the season also fell apart because he got all excited about the England job and stopped seeming to bother.

Redknapp's a decent manager in the right job and I've got a lot to be thankful for in his time at Spurs, but his position as media darling papers over some severe character flaws and weaknesses in his ability as a top top manager.

Villas-Boas was a better manager and in his first season gave us our highest ever Premier League points tally, with arguably a weaker squad than Redknapp had.

• Like 1

Leicester are denying that Pearson has been sacked and that he and his team are preparing for the next game.

Bah. Can't say I'm not a little disappointed, I've never been a fan of the guy on a personal level (he's an absolute shit muffin to our local Leicester City radio show host). Still, after looking around last night, there's not a whole lot of other options who I'd feel confident in keeping us up. May as well see the season out with him at least, so long as he actually bothers to motivate his players and change tactics when they're not working, because Saturday was probably the worst Leicester performance I've ever seen live, and getting home to the throttling stuff was the icing on the shit cake.

I can't bring myself to dislike Harry. Completely turned our club around. I can totally understand how literally everyone else finds him to be a prick, though.

Much like Pearson, the man himself is an utter twunt, but when he gets it right on the pitch you can't help but love him.