The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

I've just heard a clip from an interview with John Carver, from earlier this week, where he said there was "no point" settling for a draw against QPR. Yet a point last week would've meant they would only need a draw against West Ham.

The guy is an imbecile.

To be fair he didn't know that Hull would lose to Spurs, so in that way he absolutely had to play for a win. Certainly better than the commentary I had where they suggested at full time a point would have made no difference to Sunday.

Also, Carver doesn't know how to play for a point. Or 3. Or anything else.

I've just heard a clip from an interview with John Carver, from earlier this week, where he said there was "no point" settling for a draw against QPR. Yet a point last week would've meant they would only need a draw against West Ham.

The guy is an imbecile.

No point settling for a draw? Surely their is one point at the very essence of that theory!

• Like 1

We've cancelled the meeting scheduled for Friday with Sterling and his nob of an agent.

I've got a feeling FSG aren't going to budge unless an offer of 40+ mil comes in

The meeting was cancelled after Aidy Ward (Sterling's agent) both said Sterling "won't sign [even for] 900k" and proceeded to call Jamie Carragher a knob.

Which he is now denying doing. Maybe he got hacked? :shifty:

It did make me laugh tbf.

His agent is going about this completely the wrong way though, if you're trying to get a client a move why would he make himself to look like a disruptive figure who causes trouble. Its something that'll make other clubs aware of his attitude and be wary of him.

Isn't he the same guy who is the agent of Berahino? I mean didn't Berahino come out in an interview he wasn't meant to be doing and say he wanted to move to a bigger club as well which pissed off West Brom fans. Wouldn't be shocked if he told him to say that too

Newcastle United players and staff were given the chance to sit out Sunday's relegation decider against West Ham. Assistant coach Steve Stone opened a door during a team meeting and boss John Carver told people to walk through if they "didn't fancy it". The Magpies are two points clear of Hull, who are in the final relegation spot and have a better goal difference. "I told them I was ready for a fight and a challenge," said Carver. "And not one person got up and left."

From 35 seconds

Newcastle United players and staff were given the chance to sit out Sunday's relegation decider against West Ham. Assistant coach Steve Stone opened a door during a team meeting and boss John Carver told people to walk through if they "didn't fancy it". The Magpies are two points clear of Hull, who are in the final relegation spot and have a better goal difference. "I told them I was ready for a fight and a challenge," said Carver. "And not one person got up and left."

From 35 seconds

There can be only one David Brent esque manager and that's our Brendan!!! :angry:

Jose Mourinho has been named the Barclays Premier League Manager of the Year, and Eden Hazard the Player of the Year.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/05/chelsea-clean-sweep-in-season-awards.html

Seems the safe option. Looking back on past winners of MOTY, only on 4 of the past 21 awards has it *not* gone to the manager of the title-winning team.

Thought Gary Monk was in with a good shout. He's done some good things with Swansea this season.

I picked Sanchez as captain and his points scored in two games were comfortably beaten by the 14 that Danny Rose got in one. :/

Still, 80 points clear with one game left. Boom.

• Like 2