The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

Can't believe I've wasted my time going to the last two home games. Absolutely woeful. I do understand playing for a point, I really do, but Jesus Christ it makes football dull and frustrating to watch.

I can't wait for Sir Pulis' bunch to visit on Sunday. Should be even more of a cracker!

Can I make a point of order for the thread title? Ie change it.

Taken from the Guardian's style guide:

We are under no obligation to carry sponsors' names. So London Marathon, not Virgin London Marathon, etc. When a competition is named after a sponsor, it is unavoidable: Friends Provident t20, etc

Get it sorted please.

Can I make a point of order for the thread title? Ie change it.

Taken from the Guardian's style guide:

We are under no obligation to carry sponsors' names. So London Marathon, not Virgin London Marathon, etc. When a competition is named after a sponsor, it is unavoidable: Friends Provident t20, etc

Get it sorted please.

Should I aim to mimic the Guardian further by intentionally misspelling it as well?

If you want. I just chose the Guardian for my example because - as everyone knows - they have the best online style guide by quite some distance. Although it might be a bit too namby-pamby and PC for some people.

Either way, get it sorted aight

Barclays Premier League is still better than the Yanks calling it the EPL!

I actually like the EPL! I think it is a nice short hand.

And BPL is terrible.

I've always been one who doesn't mind sponsors as prefixes for competitions, I think Barclays Premier League sounds good. Plus it distinguishes it from all these other Premier Leagues that have cropped up across sport.

• Like 1

I've just heard a clip from an interview with John Carver, from earlier this week, where he said there was "no point" settling for a draw against QPR. Yet a point last week would've meant they would only need a draw against West Ham.

The guy is an imbecile.