The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

MOTD 2 just said Spurs' third goal consisted of 48 passes, twice as much as any other goal last year, and 11 outfield players touched the ball. It's a fantastic goal, but they were totally right to rip QPR's defending apart, it was pathetic.

• Like 1

What is the "West Ham Way"

Seriously...I know they had a few players in the england team when they won the World Cup but when have they ever played great football? I can't remember them during my lifetime ever playing exciting football.

• Like 2

What is the "West Ham Way"

Seriously...I know they had a few players in the england team when they won the World Cup but when have they ever played great football? I can't remember them during my lifetime ever playing exciting football.

They didn't play all that negatively back when they had Carrick, Defoe etc etc. Of course they did get relegated playing positive football...

I think that if anything is the "West Ham Way" it's not a style of play but a tradition of bring young players through and into the first team. Something I don't remember them doing for some time...

Dier is a nice outside shout for signing of the season already.

Exciting times for Spurs ahead I reckon

Spurs do need a goal scorer I guess, and Dier has already pipped Soldado after two games!

Surely his quality will be decided on his defensive peformances and nothing else, since he is a CB after all - otherwise he could be the English Skrtel.

What annoys me the most about the Di Maria deal is everyone calling him a 'winger'

Like did anyone actually see him completely dominate the midfield once Ancelotti moved him from the wing to the centre? He's exactly what Manchester United need but if they're thinking of playing him on the wing then they'd be completely wasting him like they seem to be doing with Mata.

What annoys me the most about the Di Maria deal is everyone calling him a 'winger'

Like did anyone actually see him completely dominate the midfield once Ancelotti moved him from the wing to the centre? He's exactly what Manchester United need but if they're thinking of playing him on the wing then they'd be completely wasting him like they seem to be doing with Mata.

Mata's been playing in the middle lately, and has something like 7 in 8 games.