The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

By 2050, we'll be having long drawn out, protracted transfers as little seven year old Spongebob iPhone Smith decides whether to join the youth team of Manchester City F, Chelsea XIII, Liverpool Evertonians or Spartak Tottenham, claiming he 'doesn't like that nasty Mr. Terry, he's a big meanie' and MechaArry gives his two Bison Dollars from the window of his space station orbiting around New New New Loftus Road.

Surely this is a criticism of the media, rather than individual clubs?

It seems to me that a tedious, repetitive, non event news reporting that only used to inhabit deadline day has now expanded out into July and August so 'Balotelli successfully puts on bib' and 'Balotelli is wearing blue, repeat blue boots, is this a message to Man City fans?' with expert analysis from Phil Thompson becomes the norm.

To be fair, this is always news.

• Admin

So, err, we were bloody fantastic on Sunday. The two-minute plus passing team goal was incredible! QPR were awful though.

Crystal Palace are to make a decision on who will be their next manager this morning, with Steve Clarke and Neil Warnock the only contenders.

I watched the highlights of the Liverpool/City game last night (after watching the game live on TV on Monday) and wow, was Liverpool's defending awful, Lovren, Johnson and Moreno looked out of their depth :/

I watched the highlights of the Liverpool/City game last night (after watching the game live on TV on Monday) and wow, was Liverpool's defending awful, Lovren, Johnson and Moreno looked out of their depth :/

We seemed to have the problem of the two new defenders wanting to push higher up and Skrtel and Johnson wanting to sit deep. There's a still picture before the 2nd goal which shows quite possibly one the worst examples of an defensive line

(Don't tell Nerf and my roommate this) I would like Liverpool to perform and put pressure on Chelsea/Man City this season, just to keep it interesting, but on the back of that performance and the one against Southampton I just don't see it happening :/

Lovren had a shocker, but I'm not worried about him long-term. Moreno had an otherwise pretty great debut, and Glen Johnson is Glen Johnson.

As DM said, we have half our defenders trying to play a high line and the other half shitting their pants and dropping deep. Mentioned this on another forum that Martin Skrtel is a perfectly fine defender, and probably hasn't done enough to warrant getting dropped. It's his style, not his talent, that is costing us goals.

Lovren had a shocker, but I'm not worried about him long-term. Moreno had an otherwise pretty great debut, and Glen Johnson is Glen Johnson.

As DM said, we have half our defenders trying to play a high line and the other half shitting their pants and dropping deep. Mentioned this on another forum that Martin Skrtel is a perfectly fine defender, and probably hasn't done enough to warrant getting dropped. It's his style, not his talent, that is costing us goals.

Were we watching the same game? I've no doubt he'll be a great buy in the long term, but he was part of a shocking defence, played a big part in City's first goal, and all his attacking work had no end product. It's totally unfair to judge a new full back on their debut away at City, of all teams, but he did not have a good game.

Were we watching the same game? I've no doubt he'll be a great buy in the long term, but he was part of a shocking defence, played a big part in City's first goal, and all his attacking work had no end product. It's totally unfair to judge a new full back on their debut away at City, of all teams, but he did not have a good game.

Disagree then. Worked well on the overlap, put in some tasty crosses that nobody could be arsed getting on the end of, and had fantastic linkup with Markovic when he came on. Wasn't shying away from the physical aspect of the game, either, and gave as good as he got. I think it's unfair to criticise him for one moment of hesitation. Lovren deserves far more heat, but like I said, it's just one game. Not worried in the slightest, the scoreline didn't tell the whole story, just need to bounce back against Spuds.

The scoreline might not tell the whole story, but it's the only one that matters

If that's the case, then you can't be "worried" about Liverpool since we beat Southampton, despite the performance, can you?

I can because the scoreline did tell the story, it was a tight game that Liverpool just edged, but thanks for telling me how I can't feel though :(Y):