The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

He's still a terrible manager, but now I want to see him smash the everlasting shit out of QPR before inevitably getting relegated.

Except he isn't. :-/

When he's not managing your team, I can see why he'd be really annoying, but his non-Premier League record is pretty decent. Now, whether he's the right guy for Palace/a Prem team is a totally different story, but to say he'd terrible is quite silly.

I am seeing conflicting reports about Costa ranging from "it's a tear, 3 months out!" to "It's fine, he just got a cramp"

Presumably no one knows. It was reported by The Sun and then copied by everyone else, with each apparently feeling obligated to guess the severity.

I didn't even know that the League Cup was being played until I saw Eddie G gloating on facebook after it was all over. For some reason I thought it was a week or two away....I blame Setanta for having the League Cup tv rights down here as if it had been on Fox it'd have been advertised constantly and nobody watches Setanta so nobody knows what's on there. :shifty:

I haven't cared about the LC in forever but I was hoping it'd be good this season for getting some confidence and form into certain players.

Hopefully vs Burnley will see the team put in a strong performance and buy us time until LVG locates the mythical golden hairdryer which legend says is how Fergie got us the title 2 seasons ago.

At this point, I can only assume Fergie got that last title out of that squad through voodoo and sacrificing virgins.

I didn't even know that the League Cup was being played until I saw Eddie G gloating on facebook after it was all over. For some reason I thought it was a week or two away....I blame Setanta for having the League Cup tv rights down here as if it had been on Fox it'd have been advertised constantly and nobody watches Setanta so nobody knows what's on there. :shifty:

I haven't cared about the LC in forever but I was hoping it'd be good this season for getting some confidence and form into certain players.

Hopefully vs Burnley will see the team put in a strong performance and buy us time until LVG locates the mythical golden hairdryer which legend says is how Fergie got us the title 2 seasons ago.

You're welcome.

I've seen some United fans on my facebook trying to play down the defeat, which is silly. We were awful.

Time to own it then. United have long promoted young talent and brought previously unknown players to prominence. Now we're going on step further, we're doing it for other teams.

They're trying to get him ready for tomorrow but they aren't certain he will be. If he's involved it will be on the bench.

So apparently not long term, either way.

I have to decide whether he's on my FF bench or Seb Larsson is...