The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

SOCIAL MEDIA - A social media desk will immerse viewers in the newsroom environment as Sky Sports News HQ reporters investigate what’s being said on social media channels. Users will be able to have their say and join the debate via our apps, skysports.com and social media.

I know they bring in bits and pieces of viewer tweets already, but good lord, a whole desk dedicated to the stuff.

I would really hate to be the person assigned to that desk.

Sky Sports News to relaunch on August 12th as SSN HQ

It's a bit silly to move SS1 to 402, SS2 to 403, and so on just so that News can be their first sports channel.

I figured SSN would move to 406 so that their Sports channels would be in number order. 401 for SS1, 402 for SS2 etc. To accommodate SS5, obviously. But this change is a strange one.

• Admin

It'll be:

Sky Sports News HQ - 401
Sky Sports 1 - 402
Sky Sports 2 - 403
Sky Sports 3 - 404
Sky Sports 4 - 405
Sky Sports 5 - 406
Sky Sports F1 - 407

Now that I think about it more, it could be to pull in line with Sky News being on 501...

+1

The whole Jim White transfer cult thing is fucking mental and awful.

Yes, all of this. The way Sky makes the transfer window about Sky. The constant betting adverts. The pretense that the only sport that actually matters is that which Sky has the rights to. They are awful. One of the best things about the World Cup was that Sky didn't get to take part. And nobody missed them.