2014 NFL Season

Dan

Justin Blackmon and Josh Gordon should hang out.

I'm still hoping Blackmon comes back, it's probably around a 10% chance right now but he's still under contract and he hasn't done anything newsworthy recently. Last thing he did was complete rehab.

Josh Gordon has failed another drug test and now faces a one year ban. What a waste of tremendous tremendously wasted talent.

• Like 1

So if the league was going to eject Lynch for wearing the wrong colour shoes, I wonder what - if anything - will happen to Brady if this comes down on him.

Surely they're not going to keep the league's golden boy out of the Super Bowl, as much as I would love it to happen. They'll probably fire the equipment guy and call it done.

If it turns out the Patriots were behind it (and I mean anyone in the organization), what *should* happen (but won't) is that the Patriots are forced to forfeit the AFC Championship game,and the Colts and Seahawks are crowned co-champions (regardless of whether the Seahawks or Patriots win the Super Bowl). And if Brady is involved or at least knew about it, he should be toast.

But I'm sure that either the league (and by league I mean Goodell) will sweep it under the rug somehow, or either the league or Patriots will find some scapegoat to take the blame.

No matter how things turn out, I hope this leads to an end of the teams supplying their own balls.

And I'm not saying the Patriots are definitely guilty, but the way the NFL operates I don't expect there to be a satisfying conclusion to all this, and even if they're cleared of any wrongdoing, there will still be some suspicion.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

The Jaguars thing for best ever players (Fred Taylor, Mark Brunell etc) is called "The Pride" so yes I imagine it would.

What a great decision he's made! The offseason is always the best time to be a Jaguars fan and that's just about ti be begin.

So if the league was going to eject Lynch for wearing the wrong colour shoes, I wonder what - if anything - will happen to Brady if this comes down on him.

Surely they're not going to keep the league's golden boy out of the Super Bowl, as much as I would love it to happen. They'll probably fire the equipment guy and call it done.

If it turns out the Patriots were behind it (and I mean anyone in the organization), what *should* happen (but won't) is that the Patriots are forced to forfeit the AFC Championship game,and the Colts and Seahawks are crowned co-champions (regardless of whether the Seahawks or Patriots win the Super Bowl). And if Brady is involved or at least knew about it, he should be toast.

And yet the Patriots still scored 28 points after the deflated balls were discovered, plus Blount was running all over the Colts porous run defense.

The Patriots still were the better team, which makes it all the more baffling they'd be using under inflated balls in the first place.

• Like 1

Oh, i agree the marijuana thing is bs, but its funny that someone can just keep getting suspended over and over again for it rather than tossed out. I'd imagine if he was using something else, like cocaine or heroin, he'd already be out of the league.

The stats seem to show this isn't just a "they did it against the Colts" deal. The Patriots blow every metric out of the water in how fumble proof they are.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/01/25/patriots-fumble-nearly-impossible-rate/LCgrlUR9qgxDsIgcal9dUI/story.html

• Like 2

The stats seem to show this isn't just a "they did it against the Colts" deal. The Patriots blow every metric out of the water in how fumble proof they are.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/01/25/patriots-fumble-nearly-impossible-rate/LCgrlUR9qgxDsIgcal9dUI/story.html

That rogue ball boy must be a tenured employee by now, if the issue goes back that far.

Oh, i agree the marijuana thing is bs, but its funny that someone can just keep getting suspended over and over again for it rather than tossed out. I'd imagine if he was using something else, like cocaine or heroin, he'd already be out of the league.

Just like LT, or, since I know you're a Cowboys fan, Michael Irvin, right?

Talent Uber Alles.