2014 NFL Season

Dan

Two INTs though and one of which was awful. And his competition record only happened because he rarely threw it forward more than five yards. Edelmans movement and pace were more of a danger to the Seahawks defense than Bradys passing. A LOT of QBs could have made the throws he did last night.

A big part of how the Chargers beat the Seahawks earlier in the season was Rivers doing the exact same thing.

• Like 1

Two INTs though and one of which was awful. And his competition record only happened because he rarely threw it forward more than five yards. Edelmans movement and pace were more of a danger to the Seahawks defense than Bradys passing. A LOT of QBs could have made the throws he did last night.

That's summarizes Brady's entire career. He's never been a part of an overly complicated system, it's all largely based on his recievers keeping things going after the catch. It's also why he can probably play at a near elite level for the rest of his career.

If it was that easy, there wouldn't be so many teams with shitty QBs.

He's not the best ever, nor the best right now, but he's in the conversation.

I don't see how you argue that Rodgers isn't the best QB in the league, though. Of course, if you're watching ESPN for anything other than games, you're doing it wrong.

Matt Cassel did just fine in the Pats system, and has been pretty awful everywhere else. Brady is great, but the offense they run makes him even better.

Is anyone getting a "conspiracy" argument about why Lynch didn't get the carry for the winning TD score? One of my friends at work and another guy on a non-sports radio station were talking about how it wouldn't have been good for the league for Lynch to get the game winning score and instead they wanted Russell Wilson to throw the game winning pass.

How the hell is that even possible to set up? People are really annoying with these random conspiracy theories. Lynch didn't get the game winning TD because his head coach/OC is a moron - not because he's viewed as a "thug" and doesn't feed the media.

It came into my head but not as a serious consideration, more like a "something I might try on Madden once". Absolute nonsense. I've heard the explanation from the Seahawks staff about the personnel determining a pass play being the best option and it makes sense to me. I mean, I'd still have given the ball to Lynch 100 times out of 100 in that situation, but I can somewhat understand the rationale behind it.

Bevell blaming Lockette is pathetic as well. Wilson and Carroll both came out and said "it was my fault", Bevell tried to pass the buck. If you want to blame the way it played out rather than the decision to pass, then you have to praise Butler for getting the jump on the play and making the interception, not blame Lockette.

• Like 1

The entire rationale for going with a passing play actually makes a ton of sense. They only had 1 timeout left, and you'd like to preserve that until after 3rd down. Why they actually called a passing play where the strategy wasn't "if anyone is miles open throw it to him, if not throw it away" I don't know. Basically nobody would have thought the call was terrible if Wilson threw the ball somewhere far away from any Patriots players.

Butler even said they knew exactly what the play was going to be, and it's been established this was a popular short yardage play for the Seahawks all year. So Bevell called a highly predictable play and Wilson threw the ball in a spot where he never should have even looked.

That's summarizes Brady's entire career. He's never been a part of an overly complicated system, it's all largely based on his recievers keeping things going after the catch. It's also why he can probably play at a near elite level for the rest of his career.

If it was that easy, there wouldn't be so many teams with shitty QBs.

He's not the best ever, nor the best right now, but he's in the conversation.

I don't see how you argue that Rodgers isn't the best QB in the league, though. Of course, if you're watching ESPN for anything other than games, you're doing it wrong.

He's just in the same football league as Kellen Moore. Not his fault, these things happen.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah after a safety you usually need to go 50-60 yards and they would have only needed a FG. Super Bowl XXVII came down to a safety punt recall.

It also would have been absurd if there were safeties in 3 straight Super Bowls.

Actually, there were safeties in 3 straight. Pats/Giants, Ravens/49ers and Broncos/Seahawks all had a safety. That would have been 4 straight.

Edited by Universal