2014 NFL Season

Dan

I will be avoiding ESPN for quite a while, because whenever someone on there starts talking about how great Tom Brady is (Aaron Rodgers as well), I wish I could reach through the tv and jam my fist down their throat.

I was for the Seahawks,and anyone kissing Brady's ass saying he won that game for the Patriots is world class full of shit. I bet if the situation had been reversed and it had been Brady who through that interception, those same people would be talking about how he got robbed. And the way the Seahawks acted at the end of the game, I really hope they don't play in the Super Bowl next year. (I wish they had lost last year and won this year......)

• Like 2

I still can't believe that actually happened. You had 3 shots at giving the ball to Lynch and getting 1.5 yards. That was the worst play call in the history of the sport. There's literally no excuses for it.

I will be avoiding ESPN for quite a while, because whenever someone on there starts talking about how great Tom Brady is (Aaron Rodgers as well), I wish I could reach through the tv and jam my fist down their throat.

I was for the Seahawks,and anyone kissing Brady's ass saying he won that game for the Patriots is world class full of shit. I bet if the situation had been reversed and it had been Brady who through that interception, those same people would be talking about how he got robbed. And the way the Seahawks acted at the end of the game, I really hope they don't play in the Super Bowl next year. (I wish they had lost last year and won this year......)

Your hot takes just get worse and worse.

Name a QB in the league currently better than Rodgers, or a player who deserved MVP more than Brady tonight.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Its mainly the fact that ESPN seems to think that Brady is the greatest QB of all time, and if he ever visits they might as well all line up to take turns kissing his ass. When they're saying he won the game for the Patriots, when the fact is that they only won due to a boneheaded move by the Seahawks and Butler being in the right place at the righht time, its Grade-A asskissing, revisionist bullshit.

The Rodgers love has mostly died down and now its just mainly coming from Stephen A. Smith, who loves to call him `a baaad man'. But it got to be almost as bad as their love for Bret Favre got before he finally actually retired.

Who deserved the MVP more than Brady? Malcolm Butler......or the Seahawks' Offensive Coordinator.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

• Admin

Sorry VP

10599450_869947409718615_620828343877827

That's a tiger. :/

Yeah, we laughing at yellow ranger SABRETOOTH TIGER jokes for a good minute or so.

I am still absolutely stupefied by that play last night. Kearse's catch convinced me that the Seahawks were destined to repeat as champions. Insane, that has to be the worst decision in the history of the NFL.

It has genuinely boggled my mind. Astounding.

Two INTs though and one of which was awful. And his competition record only happened because he rarely threw it forward more than five yards. Edelmans movement and pace were more of a danger to the Seahawks defense than Bradys passing. A LOT of QBs could have made the throws he did last night.

• Like 1

Two INTs though and one of which was awful. And his competition record only happened because he rarely threw it forward more than five yards. Edelmans movement and pace were more of a danger to the Seahawks defense than Bradys passing. A LOT of QBs could have made the throws he did last night.

That's summarizes Brady's entire career. He's never been a part of an overly complicated system, it's all largely based on his recievers keeping things going after the catch. It's also why he can probably play at a near elite level for the rest of his career.

Yeah some 12 hours later and I'm still dumbfounded by the call. I think the only thing softening the blow for Seattle is the fact that they won it all last year. If they were still ringless and lost like THAT? Oof.

Also the fact that the defense was then so easily drawn offsides on what would have been a safety. Did they really think Brady was going to fumble on a fucking kneel down? I guess they were afraid he'd do the QB sneak or something but Belichick doesn't strike me as the type who would have risked that. They would have simply given up 2 points and left Seattle needing to go like 80 yards with 1 timeout. Not enough time for a Hail Mary to Matthews so you're probably looking at hook and lateral territory.

• Like 1

Yeah after a safety you usually need to go 50-60 yards and they would have only needed a FG.  Super Bowl XXVII came down to a safety punt recall.

It also would have been absurd if there were safeties in 3 straight Super Bowls.

And at last, the hot take we all deserved.

• Like 1