The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Dunno what Liverpool are complaining about, Wycombe have called up their 46 year old goalkeeping coach for the FA cup match

If by some turn of events he ends up on the pitch, Villa might actually have a chance. He was pretty poor for us in the Conference, and that was 14 years ago now.

In fact, this could be the new way forward for Villa - just get teams to play 40-50 year old ex-keepers against them for the rest of the season. I'd love to see them up against Tim Flowers, Shaka Hislop and Bryan Gunn in their next few games.

• Like 1

Guess I won't be going to the Watford game, since on Day One of ticket sales they're going down to 93 loyalty points and all I have from penny-pinching this season is a measly 65 points. Sad face. :( 

• Admin

Yaya Touré’s agent has claimed Pep Guardiola is over-rated as a manager and admitted he is concerned he could look to get rid of the 32-year-old should he take over at Manchester City.

The Bayern Munich manager, who is favourite to take over from Manuel Pellegrini at the end of the season after revealing he wants to work in the Premier League, sold Touré when the pair were at Barcelona.

Dimitri Seluk told the Sunday Mirror: “Pep is a great coach. But he has won the title at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. The truth is that my grandfather would win the title with Barcelona and Bayern Munich because they are big clubs with great players. I’d like to see Pep take a club that is eighth or ninth and make them champions.”

Guardiola sold Touré to City in 2010, the Ivorian not fitting into his plans for Barcelona. Seluk added: “I don’t know what Guardiola’s plans are, but - after what happened at Barcelona - of course it is a worry that when he comes Yaya will be out. I hope not and Yaya hopes not.”

• Like 1

He's sort of right, if still highly dismissive that Guardiola is still a very, very good coach. Pep inherited a Barcelona team that was the best in the world at the time, he then inherited a Bayern team that was the best in the world at the time. It will be interesting to see how he gets on at a team that arguably isn't the best in the country, never mind world.