The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Srnicek was my friend's absolute favourite player. He used to pretend to be him during football practice, and he would run upfield as goalkeeper all the time because he saw Srnicek do it once. I remember how gutted he would always be when Shaka Hislop was picked over Srnicek, and that's the first thing I thought about when I heard the bad news just now.

Leicester still not falling by the wayside yet. Top six looking more and more likely and to be honest outside of the current top 4 there aren't many other teams who look bothered (aside from Palace or Watford who you would assume WILL drop a little as the season wears on).

Anyway, Spurs now have the best goal difference by themselves. It's a weird feeling.

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack Frost said:

Weren't we all saying this about Leicester?

We were to be fair. Who knows. Premier League and telly money means that the "smaller" clubs can afford to keep their better players in January and it's becoming more and more of a division where any team can beat any other team on their day.

• Admin

Former Liverpool man Fabio Borini plays against his old club for Sunderland, partnering Jermain Defoe up front. Vito Mannone continues in goal. Liverpool give a start to striker Christian Benteke with fellow Belgian Divock Origi missing out. There's no sign of Daniel Sturridge either. Mamadou Sakho partners Dejan Lovren in central defence.

Sunderland XI: Mannone, Jones, Coates, Brown, van Aanholt, Cattermole, M'Vila, Rodwell, Johnson, Borini, Defoe.
Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Benteke.

Garth Crooks is still more annoying than Mr.Blobby....

Anyway, I fully expect Borini to score against us and we will drop points considering we finally have a chance to go level with United.

Benteke. Missing one on ones late on in games yet again. 

You can hit it in the corner ya know.... 

This has been such a sloppy ugly game. 

• Admin

Claudio Ranieri has given his Leicester players permission to celebrate on New Year’s Eve – as long as they avoid a hangover against Bournemouth on 2 January.

Leicester go into 2016 second in the Premier League behind the leaders, Arsenal, on goal difference after narrowly beating the drop last season.

They host Eddie Howe’s side on Saturday and Ranieri trusts his players to see in the new year without damaging their title chances.

He said: “They can celebrate, they are very, very good professionals. It’s important to celebrate, to enjoy it, because it was a fantastic 2015 but afterwards we have to put our minds on Bournemouth. They are a very dangerous team. For us it’s important to concentrate 100%.”

Please Jamie Vardy, have a party!