The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Shaun Wright Phillips was hardly Man City's fault, it was Chelsea who broke him and stagnated his career.

It's not like he didn't play: roughly 40 appearances per season in all three of his years at Chelsea. He was just shit.

• Like 2

More that he wasn't first choice and starting every week, which he needed to be at that point of his career. Not that he should've been in ahead of Duff or Robben or anything though.

I fucking loved the Chelsea team of that era, so many fantastic players.

Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards - I'm sure there's more.

EDIT: Looked at Joleon's wiki and he got way more games than I thought he did so maybe I'm being harsh on that one.

Swap Lescott for Adam Johnson and you have yourself a decent list of players who fit that description.

Rodwell was always injured, Micah was unfortunate to get injured at the same time when Zaba decided he was really fucking good, Johnson was alright but the less said about him now the better I guess, Lescott was one half of the pairing the won the league a few years back and Sinclair couldn't get games at West Brom when we sent him off so it's hardly just a City thing there. 

SWP the second time around wasn't very good but it was a nostalgia run so fuck it.

I'm enjoying Sakho in pre-season thus far. He scored against the Thai All-Stars and went mad with his celebration and then he got in amongst fans in Australia and tricked Adam Lallana into signing his training bib.

Edited by TLHobo
  • Like 3