The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

I've not seen anything, but from what I've read the first half we weren't great, got better in the second. Sherwood made the right changes at the right time. Away at Bournemouth first game of the season is hard for anyone. Big potential banana peel, and normally (especially the last few years), we woulda slipped on that. So it's refreshing to see us deal with it and win.

Gana, Amavi, Richards and Veretout make our starting line up so much stronger. Ayew will get better as he settles, and for me Gestede should start a bunch this season. He'll bully defenses and score goals.

Nobody said it was a silly signing for Chelsea, it was a stupid career move by Begovic regardless of the 3 game run he'll get.

Isn't it 1 game? Wasn't a violent conduct red.

I assumed straight red = 3 games, violent conduct or professional foul etc? I have no basis for this other than assuming though!

Nobody said it was a silly signing for Chelsea, it was a stupid career move by Begovic regardless of the 3 game run he'll get.

Isn't it 1 game? Wasn't a violent conduct red.

I assumed straight red = 3 games, violent conduct or professional foul etc? I have no basis for this other than assuming though!

I could be wrong but I think a professional foul is just a 1 game ban - but possibly a 2 game ban if they get sent off again? Not too sure. 

Quick Google search...

The following rules apply to Premiership, F.A. Cup games, and friendlies. ... or for serious professional foul relating to a goalscoring opportunity, 1 match ban. ... Players sent off for second time in season, extra 1 match ban.

Don't know how recent that is as I didn't bother clicking the link, but yeah.

Edited by Baddar