FIFA Women's World Cup 2015

Cymbols

No quit in Japan, lots of great attacking movement. This has been a really good game in spite of the fact that it was all but over 15 minutes in.

• Like 1

• Like 1

Moment of the post-match for me was Wambach celebrating with her wife. That was incredibly sweet.

I've bagged on Jill Ellis a lot, but she figured it out at the exact right time. Hopefully we stick with the 4-3-3 and crush the Olympics next year. Great World Cup. If anyone watched for the first time and enjoyed it, try to check out some club soccer! Grow the game. I, for one, am hyped to welcome Rapinoe and Solo back to the Seattle Reign this Saturday.

• Like 2

Moment of the post-match for me was Wambach celebrating with her wife. That was incredibly sweet.

I've bagged on Jill Ellis a lot, but she figured it out at the exact right time. Hopefully we stick with the 4-3-3 and crush the Olympics next year. Great World Cup. If anyone watched for the first time and enjoyed it, try to check out some club soccer! Grow the game. I, for one, am hyped to welcome Rapinoe and Solo back to the Seattle Reign this Saturday.

No kidding.  I don't think she'd have made it past this tournament if she didn't.  

This team should be pretty damned good for a while.  We've never been this deep, ever.  4/3/3 is absolutely what we should do going forward as we need to have Morgan, LeRoux, Press, Heath, and Lloyd on the field at the same time.  Ridiculous.

Oh, and welcome to being a star JJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I'm glad that England didn't make it to the final, I wouldn't have wanted our girls to be whipped by the Yanks so close to Rebellion Day (or Independence Day, as your lot call it).

• Like 2

Am I the only one who didn't think that was too bad? It's not as if they've said 'now they can get back to the washing up and forget all about the football stuff', there seems to be this odd fear of actually referring to them as women. The story about Casey Stoney being unable to afford to bring out her partner and kids has been repeated plenty of times, but we're only allowed to refer to them as football robots?

There's the argument that we wouldn't say similar for the men, but that's largely because we go out with a whimper early doors rather than very unluckily in the semis.

• Like 2