2015 NFL Season

Dan

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

The Browns are the only American sports team where I could actually envision someone announcing their retirement upon being drafted by. 

No..you sign the contract, get the signing bonus, THEN retire

• Like 4

Just now, damshow said:

Is Lynch really a franchise QB though? I don't think any QB in the draft is worth passing on a potential generational talent.

Obviously as an Ohio State fan I love Bosa, but the Browns haven't drafted a QB higher than 22nd since Tim Couch in 1999...it's time to take the leap with one, as long as Lynch or Goff or whoever else lives up to the billing.

• Admin

For the first time in more than six years, the NFL has finished a calendar month without any reports of an active player getting arrested. In fact, going back even further, the NFL is on its longest streak in more than 11 years without an an active player getting arrested. It’s been all of 48 days, as of Wednesday.

• Like 2

Isn't this year's QB class meant to be quite weak? I mean, I get that teams need QBs but - are any actually going to be an upgrade on Manziel?

As for Pryor, I wouldn't be surprised if he was signed with one thought to McCown - he could easily be their #3 the rest of the way (no way do you put him ahead of Manziel - dog house or not).

According to Spotrac, your free agent QBs in 2016 are:

Sam Bradford, Chase Daniel, Drew Stanton, Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Moore, Matt Schaub, Bruce Gradkowski, Kellen Clemens, Matt Cassel, Tarvaris Jackson, Scott Tolzien, Brock Osweiler, Charlie Whitehurst, Kirk Cousins, Luke McCown, Joe Webb, Dan Orlovsky, Matt McGloin, Michael Vick, Case Keenum, Thad Lewis, Josh Johnson, TJ Yates, Matt Flynn, Brandon Weeden, Jimmy Clausen, Christian Ponder, David Fales, Dylan Thompson.

I don't know when it was last updated, but that was in order of 2015 cap.

4 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

For the first time in more than six years, the NFL has finished a calendar month without any reports of an active player getting arrested. In fact, going back even further, the NFL is on its longest streak in more than 11 years without an an active player getting arrested. It’s been all of 48 days, as of Wednesday.

Huh, didn't know Romo will be available to other teams during the post season.

The Browns shouldn't waste their top pick on a QB because they have shown absolutely no ability to develop a young quarterback since they returned to the league.

6 hours ago, Lineklaus said:

If they don't draft a QB in the first round then who do they put under centre in Week 1? I mean who's going to be available in free agency this off season?

They still have Josh McCown, while not great he's good enough to play under center.  Too many franchises set themselves back 3-4 years by regularly reaching on QBs in the draft out of desperation.  The drop off from 1st round QB talent to 2nd round QB talent doesn't appear to be that steep, so if I'm Cleveland (or whoever is picking first) I take the most talented player out there and then see who drops to the late 1st or early 2nd, someone will.

I'm not hoping for injuries, but it's going to be hilarious if Davis goes down and Manziel get the starting job back.  Wonder if Pettine will sign someone off the street and put him ahead of Johnny.

This whole situation is dumb as shit, Pettine going to stick to his punishment and make his team worse.  Everyone will really respect your authority on the unemployment line next season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dan said:

The AFC South currently has 2 teams sat in playoff spots...

The AFC is dreadful this year.  Had the referees not blown a call at the end of Jags-Ravens, Baltimore would somehow be 1 game out of a playoff spot.  It's unreal how bad the conference is out of the top 3 (and a healthy Pittsburgh).

• Like 1