2015 NFL Season

Dan

'sup guys?  (H)

I haven't been on here all season, but man was it ever a bad one for my Giants.  I had a sinking feeling it'd be a bad one right from that opening night debacle in Dallas, but never thought they'd manage to have that many heart-wrenching defeats in one season.  Even in years when they've been bad I'd have a slight feeling of sadness when the season ended knowing I'd have no Giants football to watch for 9 months...but this year?  I felt relieved for it to be over.  Probably the first time I've felt that was since their 4-12 season in 2003 maybe.

I think it was time to make a coaching change and appreciate all Coughlin did for the franchise, but I think it's total crap that Jerry Reese got off scott free.  Years of terrible drafts have left them devoid of any depth and Reese should have been out the door too.  Unfortunately though the Giants don't ever fire GMs as a matter of team policy.  Oh well.

Anyway, crazy weekend of wild card games.  At this point I'm just really hoping for anything other than a Pats SB win, which means I'm fully expecting them to do it and I'll have to hear about it from the many Pats fans I know all offseason.

• Like 5

Yep, Rams to LA, Kroenke gets to build his stadium.  Spanos gets the option of being a tenant, which he'll wait to excercise, first seeing if he can bilk San Diego into building a new stadium.  Chargers get first dibs, if they pass, they Raiders will be allowed to move.  Whoever stays put gets $100 million.  

Cool to see the Rams back in LA, but fuck all of this dumb shit.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 1

$100 million to build a new stadium isn't really gonna cut it for Mark Davis. I doubt he'll want to spend a penny of his own money and frankly Oakland doesn't have a penny to spare.

Maybe San Diego caves to Spanos and gives him a new stadium, and then Davis rushes to be a tenant at Kroenke's stadium. I'm glad this saga is almost over, so many fanbases over the years were held hostage. I guess now Goodell has to really sell the owners on London or maybe Toronto to make taxpayers ante up yet again for new stadiums.

Apparently there was significant resistance to the Raiders moving. This coupled with the reports that the Chargers didn't want to have to move to the Inglewood site I think is what has set this up.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack Frost said:

I don't get why the NFL would choose the Rams to move (1800 miles!) over the Chargers or Raiders...

Kroenke (with his Wal-Mart money) is the only one of the three with the pocketbook deep enough to fully finance a stadium on his own, in a desirable location at that. The Chargers/Raiders would have required not only a joint effort but also taxpayer money and a less enticing location. Distance doesn't really matter as California is plenty large enough to support 4 franchises, and I think they want the Raiders to stay in the Bay Area as it's pretty lucrative in its own right. Not to mention the Rams previously played in L.A. and have the deepest lineage of the three.

5 hours ago, damshow said:

$100 million to build a new stadium isn't really gonna cut it for Mark Davis. I doubt he'll want to spend a penny of his own money and frankly Oakland doesn't have a penny to spare.

He obviously saves some money on that abomination of a haircut. 

• Like 1

Mark Davis isn't exactly "rich" compared to the other owners though, is he? I'm pretty sure most of his wealth is the Raiders themselves. If he can't afford a stadium and the city can't afford a stadium then the don't really have a choice.

Kroenke is worth $7.7b, Davis is worth $500m for comparison.

This is the first relocation since I got into the sport, is there any chance St. Louis will get a franchise back in the near future? Seems a shame they're now left without an NFL team, especially since the Rams are moving so far compared to the other two.

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is the first relocation since I got into the sport, is there any chance St. Louis will get a franchise back in the near future? Seems a shame they're now left without an NFL team, especially since the Rams are moving so far compared to the other two.

There are some rumours flying about that the Chargers may see if St. Louis will offer them the stadium deal that the Rams turned down .

1 minute ago, Lineker said:

I heard San Antonio.

That too, and Portland.

Just now, Mad Jack Frost said:

The Chargers can always relocate to London or something... :shifty:

As much as that is obviously a joke, if they hold on until the early 2020s (NFL's target is currently 2022 for a London franchise I believe) it wouldn't be ridiculous. Of course, the NFL are unlikely to want a London site to sit in a west coast division, but I guess they could be shuffled.