2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

40 minutes ago, Meacon said:

It's times like this I wish Chip Kelly was the San Fran GM. We could teach him to pat his head and rub his tummy and he'd just give us Kaepernick.

You do realize who the 49ers GM is, right?  Its not that far off.

Jags, Jets and Giants had a bidding war on Vernon, we apparently backed out once it started breaking records. I love the Gipson signing though. Good value and he's still only 25. Could have been a better day if we'd have gotten Vernon but I'm still happy.

• Admin

NFL Media's Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer reported Wednesday night that former Chargers tight end Ladarius Green has agreed to a four-year, $20 million deal with the Steelers, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

The Broncos are fracing stiff competition from the Dolphins, Bears, Patriots and 49ers for CJ Anderson's signature - two of those clubs are now led by former Broncos coaches in John Fox and Adam Gase.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

We didn't overpay for a back-up quarterback. Let's not go getting crazy and overpay for a running back.

Might just be me, but I can't see why anyone would make a big play for CJ Anderson.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Meacon said:

We'll still finish higher in the standings than you guys. :shifty: 

:P 

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

Sean Smith to the Raiders.

26 minutes ago, Hans GruLLer said:

That'a a fast tumbleweed. Sign that tumbleweed!

The Raiders have already tendered a 4yr $40million contract to the tumbleweed to play corner.

• Like 5

Giants bring on another defensive player, LB Keenan Robinson.

They still need some safety help and ideally a wide receiver.  The WR market is pretty barren but I still don't want Rueben Randle back.  Maybe they'll take Treadwell in the draft.  #10 is too early for him but at this point I think the other guys the Giants would really like will be off the board by then.

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that Broncos running back C.J. Anderson, a restricted free agent, has signed an offer sheet with Miami worth $18 million over four years, per a source involved with the deal.

Good. Done. Sold. Give us your draft pick, Miami.

• Like 2

The Lions added some depth guys at safety, cb, and DT. Seems like Quin is really holding true to building depth, none of the three guys are going to blow anybodys minds but they all sound like solid rotational players that can fill in if somebody gets hurt.

Also very pleased that we re-signed Tahir Whitehead. I was concerned about our LBers, and assumed Whitehead was all but gone but they swung a deal to keep him, great move.

Also, Lions have a meeting with Russel Okung tomorrow. Would be a nice signing if he stays healthy, would definitely bolster the offensive line. I would like to see it happen but wont be upset/surprised if he goes elsewhere.