2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

7 hours ago, Meacon said:

That's a huge pot you're throwing a lot of people into. It's like any other extreme: those that really love the flag, really love the flag. 

And I'm assuming you mean it wouldn't be half as annoying if people didn't sing the anthem? Because I think more people do sing-a-long than not. That's been the case at every sporting event I've been to anyway.

No, I meant didn't sing along. Whenever I've seen it performed there's mostly silence with people standing respectfully towards the flag. Compare that to other nations at sporting events and you'll notice the difference. It's is confusing as already stated, it's amazing made to sing along to!

First thing I noticed when visiting the States was the flags. They're literally everywhere, almost on every building it was insane to me! 

5 minutes ago, Lineker said:

So... with just one more week of pre-season, is it possibly time to start this season's thread proper?

You're just itching to do it, aren't you? :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Meacon said:

And rumor is Tony Romo has a broken bone in his back.

No word on where free agent Josh McCown may sign though.

It's just a rumor, but I heard he could be signing with Tampa (but not Tampa Bay).

• Like 1

It's OK, he's talking his way out of the league. Politics and sports don't mix and if you piss off the league/owners you soon find yourself black balled.

He's not nearly talented enough to be running his mouth like he is. 

He's not running his mouth at all.  He was asked about it, he responded.  It's his right, plenty of veterans support him, so fuck the league owners who have a problem with it, because they'd move their team to another country without even thinking twice if they thought there was a greater profit to be made.

• Like 8

The ones who seem extremely pissed off about the Kaepernick situation are strong conservatives.  Or idiots who would vote for Trump.

The problem is, many team owners safely fall into the first category.  And a majority of football fans are on the right wing of the political spectrum.  The farther left and more vocal you are, the more likely you'll be thrown under a bus.

Kaep is probably done if/when he gets cut from San Fran.  I'm not sure if Minnesota would bring him in for a year on a minimum contract.  His only saving grace is that (a) it is San Francisco, (b) his team is a dumpster fire, and (c) he could work in a Chip Kelly system.