2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Real happy to see the Titans take an exciting player like Marcus Mariota and stick him in a slwo, plodding, run straight up the gut offense, and then make it even worse.  What a bunch of mularkey.

And Eagles fans are apparently thrilled they were able to get anything for Dennis Kelly.

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

I hate to admit it, but that's a very good trade for Philly. Green-Beckham has had tons of off field issues, but he's a very talented kid, and Philly has like two people that can catch passes.

Not sure if trading linemen is a good idea though, when they've got Lane Johnson out for 2/3's of the season, but I guess they've got better options.

I mean we traded a guy who only played 30 games in 3 seasons for a guy who will probably be a starter.  Plus you apparently don't know the terriblness of Dennis Kelly

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Four game suspension for Marcell Dareus. 

Yep, dude can't seem to get his shit together.

And since Karlos Williams is also suspended, the Bills are probably going to be fined by the league for employing immature assholes who can't stay out of trouble.

Those dreading the possibility of a Jerry Jones HOF speech might want to turn away.  Jones and Paul Tagliabue were selected as the two Contributor Finalists for the class of 2017.

The Contributor Committee was created a few years ago and they and the Senior Committee switch off every year - the Contributors get two nominees in odd years, one in even years and vice versa for the Seniors.  With both committees though it's pretty much been a formality that the nominees for those groups will go in.

One board I'm a member of, we do weekly picks just for fun. On the board itself, not in Yahoo or anything like that. I won't be picking the 49ers at all this year. (I'll be surprised if they win more than 3 or 4 games, though.)

One of the Eagles kickers missed the game last night... After getting a concussion from being hit in the head by a punt during practice.  That is the most Eagles sentence I will every write 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2016 at 15:26, Meacon said:

The 49ers stable of quarterbacks makes me, a Bronco fan, chuckle.

Hey, they're fantastic if you're an NCAA team in 2011!

And I mean, they're not the greatest but none of them are Master of the Butt Fumble so ya' know, don't chuckle too hard. :P

He;s got a 158.3 passer rating through two appearances.  He kept some plays alive by scrambling, either around in the pocket or for positive yardage.  And every time he did go for yards that I saw, he slid to end the play, so he doesn't have RG3 Syndrome at least.

• Like 1

The Giants offensive line looks horrendous.  They played the entire first half and was getting pushed around with ease by Buffalo's backups.

I'm not particularly surprised.  The line was horrible a year ago and Jerry Reese decided to simply bring back the same five starters rather than trying to make any improvements to that area.