2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

If the Giants play like that in week 1, the Cowboys are gonna murder them.

• Like 1

I hope they do, because I've got a couple of friends on Facebook who are Giants fans and post a lot of anti-Cowboy memes (some funny, but the anti-Romo ones are just stupid), and I'm going to have a field day if Dallas wins. 

• Like 1

I'm not expecting much in Week 1, to be honest.  The Giants won their first four games in Jerry World but then dropped three straight including last year's opener which they essentially handed to Dallas by inexplicably throwing the ball out of bounds on 3rd and goal with Dallas having no timeouts.  They very nearly lost at home to Dallas last year when they didn't even have Romo playing, and Witten always kills them.  Dallas just matches up very well against them.

Oh and the Giants have no idea who is kicking Week 1 in Dallas with Brown suspended.  The unknown guy they wanted to give the job to missed a 28 yard chip shot on Saturday and now they're under pressure to release Brown outright even though the details of his domestic violence arrest are murky and nobody is quite sure how the NFL nor the Giants knew about it last year when it happened.  I think there's a good chance they wind up with a Garrett Hartley or Randy Bullock type and they just stick with that kicker the whole year.

12 hours ago, Busch Piazza said:

I'm not expecting much in Week 1, to be honest.  The Giants won their first four games in Jerry World but then dropped three straight including last year's opener which they essentially handed to Dallas by inexplicably throwing the ball out of bounds on 3rd and goal with Dallas having no timeouts.  They very nearly lost at home to Dallas last year when they didn't even have Romo playing, and Witten always kills them.  Dallas just matches up very well against them.

Oh and the Giants have no idea who is kicking Week 1 in Dallas with Brown suspended.  The unknown guy they wanted to give the job to missed a 28 yard chip shot on Saturday and now they're under pressure to release Brown outright even though the details of his domestic violence arrest are murky and nobody is quite sure how the NFL nor the Giants knew about it last year when it happened.  I think there's a good chance they wind up with a Garrett Hartley or Randy Bullock type and they just stick with that kicker the whole year.

You called it. Bullock has signed a 1 year deal.

• Admin

The Colts have signed cornerback Antonio Cromartie after the former Jets star worked out in front of coaches on Monday, the team announced. The deal is for one year, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of the contract.

The Broncos have named Trevor Siemian as starting QB vs. Rams.

24 minutes ago, Meacon said:

His air of superiority leads me to believe he should be a Patriot.

They're dicking him around on basic contract language, this issue was entirely created by the Chargers being cheap ass idiots.  His camp offered a compromise that was commonplace for pretty much all rookie contracts, and the Chargers decided they didn't want to do it.  They're being nitpicky assholes, good for Bosa for telling them to go fuck themselves.  Yeah the money from that first contract will be nice, but he's got a great idea of how negotiating with them in the future will go.  Look at how they treated Eric Weddle.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

Can't they trade his rights?  Surely a team out there will give up a pick or two for Bosa, and I'm sure one of them is in Atlanta.

There was a limited window they could trade him.  That ended, I think, two weeks ago

• Like 1