2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

It's almost like he's playing against top level athletes and not Idaho friggin' State anymore...

Nah man, he grew up playing football the right way, in the elements, getting thrown down on turf that's always frozen hard as concrete and blah blah blah

• Like 1

They could cross promote with WWE for New Era Stadium

Not a Cowboy fan by any means, but I'm quite looking forward to seeing Dak play tonight. I think he's one of the better quarterbacks (if not best) taken in the draft this year and I think people are going to shake their heads in a few years at how late Dallas was able to get him.

Compared to our backups last year, Dak looks like a hall of famer.

But fuck yeah, I'm so happy we have a young backup QB with talent who we can develop.  Its been forever.

• Like 3

• Like 2

I can't wrap my head around the new touchbacks to the 25 yard line rule.  Didn't they adjust where they kicked off from to encourage more touchbacks out of fear of injuries?  And now they want to discourage them by adding 5 yards onto it?

17 hours ago, Maxx said:

I can't wrap my head around the new touchbacks to the 25 yard line rule.  Didn't they adjust where they kicked off from to encourage more touchbacks out of fear of injuries?  And now they want to discourage them by adding 5 yards onto it?

The idea is that returners will be more likely to take the touchback if they starting at the 25 instead of the 20. The flipside, as several kickers and ST coordinators have come out and said, is that it's actually going to make kicking teams more likely to kick high and short, resulting in more returns, which is the opposite of the intent of the rule change.

• Like 1

I couldn't make it through the first half of Friday's Giants game.  I wasn't about to miss U.S. Olympic swimming for a preseason game.  The starting defense and run game looked good from the two series they played, though.

The Giants are lucky that Eli is an iron man, because Ryan Nassib is flat out terrible.  They'll need to draft a QB next year to groom as the backup.

• Admin

I hate to admit it, but that's a very good trade for Philly. Green-Beckham has had tons of off field issues, but he's a very talented kid, and Philly has like two people that can catch passes.

Not sure if trading linemen is a good idea though, when they've got Lane Johnson out for 2/3's of the season, but I guess they've got better options.

Their line is really thin but that's still a great trade for them. Green-Beckham is 23 and paired with Matthews gives them another young WR to build around. I'd trust guys who are basically leftovers from the Reid era to be great with personnel moves, that entire coaching tree seems to be great at that.