2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

5 hours ago, VerbalRick said:

I like this signing a lot. It's a low risk deal, one year, and he's a big bodied, sure handed vet. People can whine about how badly we will miss Megatron but I think we've done a fine job of picking up his slack with Boldin and Jones. I don't know, the football guys keep saying "Oh my god what will they ever do without Calvin?" but losing him wont be why we suck this year. 

Him, Tate and Jones are a great 3-man receiving corps. The fight between TJ Jones, Kearley, Roberts and Caldwell for #4 should be good too. 

52 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I really wouldn't go so far as to call the Lions good now.

It's pretty incredible that we see "Jacksonville is good" and all go "yep they are."

Should have won the division last year, could win it this year. Osweiler is a moron for bailing on a team as well-run as Denver, and because they're Denver and fortune seems to always smile on them they wound up with Paxton Lynch for the future.

Osweiler was right to get out, Denver don't win Super Bowls unless they have an ageing QB drafted #1 by the Colts starting. Their next one is is penciled in for 2028 with Andrew Luck.

Edited by TCO

Not excited or upset by the Titans signing Johnson.

But the Bosa situation is completely stupid.

Apparently the contention is over who pays the guaranteed money in his contract if the team releases him. (The Chargers want it to be the team that picks him up if they do)

Frankly, if he's released in his rookie season, both Bosa and the Chargers have a lot more to worry about than money. If he's released, it either means he completely sucks or the Chargers are idiots, and the team's fans would likely be pissed off that they not only released a first round pick so soon but that they wasted the pick on a bust to begin with. And the fans are probably still not too happy over the team's failed attempt to relocate to Los Angeles.

Hopefully Jordan has learned his lesson. There's no excuse if he fails another test and isn't kicked out.

Well the guaranteed money lasts over the span of his entire contract not just the first year. And like with most contracts, it's most likely backloaded. So if they release him, they'd still have to pay the majority of his guarantee. That part makes sense.

The part that's odd is that they seem to be a little too paranoid about their top pick possibly being released in the next four years or so. But they are the Chargers, so I can't really blame them for not having high hopes.