2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Sorting shit out this weekend!

Excellent news! :)

On 7/13/2016 at 11:22, Yoenis Buschpedes said:

Can't wait to listen to all the moaning and groaning as if the Pats still weren't mortal locks to win their division like they always do.

Personally, I think the suspension is bullshit and too long.  (I wouldn't have been as mad if it was, say, two games.)  However, the Patriots are still the team to beat in the AFC East.   I can't see the Jets or Bills leap frogging the Pats, even without Brady playing four games.  

The Pats first four games are at Arizona, then home against Miami, Houston, and Buffalo.  Even with Jimmy G, the Pats are talented enough to go 3-1.  I think they lose in Arizona, and should win two of the other three.  So even if they're 2-2 going into Cleveland, anyone want to make the argument they can't finish the season at least 8-4?  10 wins should be good enough to make the playoffs in the AFC, and probably win the East.  Both games against the Jets are with Brady.

Karlos Williams has been suspended for the first four games for testing positive for drugs. So the Bills will likely be short their second and third string running backs to start the season, yay!

1 hour ago, Yoenis Buschpedes said:

Jets and Wilkerson strike a deal at the 11th hour.  5 years, $85 million with $54 million guaranteed over the first 3 years.

Has Fitzpatrick figured out which Canadian team he's going to be playing for next year yet?

Sure, he'd be a better choice for starting QB than Smith, but he's insane if he thinks he's worth more than what the Jets have been offering. One good season does not a franchise/star QB make....especially when he'll be 34 at the end of the season and they haven't given up on Smith yet. (Yet = the key word)

12 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Has Fitzpatrick figured out which Canadian team he's going to be playing for next year yet?

Sure, he'd be a better choice for starting QB than Smith, but he's insane if he thinks he's worth more than what the Jets have been offering. One good season does not a franchise/star QB make....especially when he'll be 34 at the end of the season and they haven't given up on Smith yet. (Yet = the key word)

Jets seem to be in 'win now' mode. If that's the case, Fitz gives them a better shot at at least making the playoffs this year. Geno has flashes of decency, but from what iv'e seen, he's not NFL QB material, and he probably never will be.

Jets know they'd be overpaying for Fitz, but what other choice do they have right now? Sign him and overpay, or go with Geno and potentially throw your season away?

4 hours ago, HeyThereVelvet said:

Jets seem to be in 'win now' mode. If that's the case, Fitz gives them a better shot at at least making the playoffs this year. Geno has flashes of decency, but from what iv'e seen, he's not NFL QB material, and he probably never will be.

Jets know they'd be overpaying for Fitz, but what other choice do they have right now? Sign him and overpay, or go with Geno and potentially throw your season away?

I don't get why the Jets haven't just signed Fitz to a stupid deal yet. Smith isn't the answer, while Fitz isn't longterm he puts them in a good position to get the Wild Card this year.

• Like 1