2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

• Admin

The Pro Bowl is heading to Orlando, Florida, in 2017.

A joint news conference featuring Disney, ESPN and the NFL will take place Wednesday in Florida to announced a change in venue for the NFL's all-star festivities from mainstay Honolulu, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, per sources informed of the deal.

The 2017 Pro Bowl will be played in Orlando, per Rapoport, the first year of a multi-year deal to play the game in central Florida.

The NFL has been tinkering with its Pro Bowl formula over the past five seasons due in part to mounting criticism surrounding the game. The event returned to Hawaii this past season after attaching itself to the Super Bowl site (Arizona) back in 2015.

Aloha Stadium has been the host of the Pro Bowl nearly every season since 1979.

In addition to the Pro Bowl going to Orlando, they're also abandoning the "Pro Bowl Draft" concept after only three seasons and going back to AFC/NFC.

While I think the Pro Bowl is both terrible and pointless and would be happy to see it done away with, I'm past the point where I even care enough to argue for the plug to be pulled.  If enough people are willing to spend 3 hours watching a football game that isn't actually football, that's their prerogative and enough of a reason for the NFL to keep it going.  I just vote with my remote and don't watch it.

They still need to bring back the damn skills competition.  I would actually watch that.

NHL, NBA, and MLB all have managed to make something with their ASG or All-Star Weekend worthwhile. There's nothing the NFL brings to the table though. I'll say it forever and ever, skills competition & 7-on-7. It would actually be fun instead of watching a neutered game. You can only really pull that off with the MLB All-Star Game because it still feels like an actual game (minus the constant pitching changes and substitutions). NBA is fun because of all the extra festivities going on, the game itself is just a scrimmage with no defense. NHL fixed a ton of issues with their All-Star Game in recent years and the whole John Scott saga was great.

NFL is just.... yeah

The skills competition ended almost a decade ago, back when they were still doing the Pro Bowl after the Super Bowl which made everything feel like a massive anticlimax.  I really can't imagine why they haven't tried giving it another go.  And they could set up a ton of events that would allow just about everybody on the Pro Bowl rosters to get in the act.  Guys would have fun with it even if they left the game as its usual garbage self.

I'd sooner watch the Pro Bowl long snappers trying to do trick snaps around Disney World than I would watch the Pro Bowl.

Eagles Nelson Agholor accused of rape in a strip club

Anyone else remember the good ol'days when the biggest issue of the NFL offseason was a couple of DUIs?

I just don't like how so many rush to judgment when there is literally nothing to go off of other than an accusation was made and it's being investigated.  People assuming she is lying because she is a dancer and he is a football player are total pigs.  But at the same time I just can't get on board with those who already want him suspended before anything has been investigated.  Based on the link it sounds like they're trying to get video footage from the night club so hopefully that can point them in the right direction.

Of course, we all know if it's discovered that he did do it that plenty of brainless football fans will defend him anyway.  They are the worst.

5 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Dunno how much you listened Meacon but around 4 to 5 Misanelli had a few good people on and even Westbrook was useful between all the crap callers they had.

I loved that even though Misanelli let the rape-defenders speak, he made it perfectly clear he was on the opposite side. I may not always agree with his sports opinions, but I'm pretty much right on with him when it comes to social issues. He's the best part of 97.5, easily in my opinion.

• Like 1