2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Zurlon Tipton, a running back with the Colts for the '14-'15 season, accidentally shot himself and died later at the hospital. He was moving a duffel bag full of guns from his vehicle when one of them went off and hit him in the stomach.

I have vague memories of Buddy as the head coach of the Eagles...he had been fired when I was 10, so most of my real early memories of the Eagles from from...ugh...Rich Kotite.  But everyone should know the impact Buddy had on defenses in the NFL.  He'll be remembered and missed

7 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Zurlon Tipton, a running back with the Colts for the '14-'15 season, accidentally shot himself and died later at the hospital. He was moving a duffel bag full of guns from his vehicle when one of them went off and hit him in the stomach.

As tragic as this is, one has to ask:

1) Why do you have a duffel bag of guns in your car?
2) If you do, why are any of them loaded?
3) If so, why are the safeties not engaged?

9 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Yeah man, that happened at a dealership in Roseville, Michigan, not terribly far from where I grew up. I used to drive by it everyday on my way to my grandmas house, the dealership is at 9 or 10 mile and Gratiot where my Grandma used to live near 8 mile and Gratiot. 

Kind of fucking weird that it happened rather close to home. He was a Central Michigan University running back so it was fairly big news in the Michigan sports outlets. I feel bad for the guy honestly. Much as people like to make the snarky "Darwin winner" (I really hate shit by the way) it's really a crappy situation. 

Guns should be licensed like cars, with an emphasis on safety. How is shit like this happening, how are toddlers shooting so many people, how are people not more respectful and responsible with their guns? 

This is really sad.

On one hand, I'm thinking in seven or eight years when people say, "Yeah he put up good numbers, but he never won a Super Bowl", we'll be able to say it's because his salary ate up the salary cap.

But on the other hand, if contracts are going to continue to skyrocket like I assume they will, Indy may be ahead of the curve and possibly locking him in now for a lot less than they would in another couple years.

14 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

And I hope Luck never even makes it to a Super Bowl while he's with that team. Because their owner is an ass.

Jerry Jones is also an ass. Should we not win a SB either?

• Like 1

Jones is an idiot more than an ass. Irsay had a mistress who died from an overdose in a house that he bought with money belonging to the team, He was busted for DUI and drug possession, AND he pissed a lot of Peyton Manning fans off with some rather assholish/butthurt comments he made about Peyton after he was no longer a part of the organization. Irsay can eat a bag of dicks and finish it off with a shitshake.

Jones is just an idiot as owner and GM, and hogs the spotlight a lot. Big difference there. Though he is one of my three least favorite owners (along with Irsay and Snyder), despite me being a Cowboys fan.

• Admin

Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie offensive lineman Dominique Robertson was shot twice in the leg by an unknown suspect while outside an apartment building in Loma Linda, California, early Thursday morning, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

Robertson contacted deputies after he was being treated for his wounds at Loma Linda University Medical Center. According to the sheriff's department, deputies investigating the incident were unable to locate evidence or establish a crime scene where the shooting allegedly took place. Neighbors living in the vicinity told deputies they did not hear gunshots or other disturbances near the time of the shooting.

According to Deputy Olivia Bozek, Robertson suffered injuries to his back, buttocks and leg. Who caused the shooting remains under investigation, she said.

Robertson, 21, was released from the hospital Friday.

The Buccaneers issued a statement about the incident: "We are aware of the reports concerning Dominique Robertson. We can confirm that he has been released from the hospital and is at home resting. We are in the process of gathering more information, but our primary concern is for Dominique's health and well-being."

Robertson signed with the Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent in May after playing for West Georgia last year. He appeared in four games for Texas Tech in 2014. Prior to that, he attended Riverside Community College and East Redlands High School.

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Marquise Goodwin's did not qualify for the 2016 Olympics. Neither did Adoree' Jackson. But Randall Cunningham's daughter did!

Is it time for fantasy football yet?