2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Alright, gentlemen and lady, since the first round is tomorrow night (:w00t:) here's the pick value chart for this year (I don't think it's changed for the last couple years) for those of you that like to follow along at home. I feel like we're going to see quite a bit of trading tomorrow night.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

6 hours ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

I really hope that Buckner somehow falls to the Bears.

They did some Mock Draft on ESPN last night with all of the ESPN NFL beat writers doing the picks for the teams they cover and the guy who covers the Chargers took Buckner 3rd.  And he's somebody who follows the team every day, so it would seem clear San Diego are really high on him.

That being said they also didn't allow trades in that mock draft either.

16 minutes ago, Lineker said:

...sorry, can you explain what all that is, in idiot speak for me, please?

How valuable roughly each pick is, relative to each other. For example, NO have the 78th pick, with a value of 200. Cleveland has the 99th and 100th pick, with values of 104 and 100. Therefore, Cleveland trading 99 and 100 for 78 would be a fair trade, according to this chart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buscha Syndergaard said:

They did some Mock Draft on ESPN last night with all of the ESPN NFL beat writers doing the picks for the teams they cover and the guy who covers the Chargers took Buckner 3rd.  And he's somebody who follows the team every day, so it would seem clear San Diego are really high on him.

That being said they also didn't allow trades in that mock draft either.

Yeah, I think it's highly unlikely he drops past 7 but a man can dream.

Bucker would kill two birds in one stone with us needing more d-line talent and pass rushers. The Bears are still in a situation of being too talent-poor to really trade up aggressively for players at this point though unless he's there at 6 or 7 and a team is happy with one of our extra fourth round picks as compensation.

• Admin

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that Cleveland's front office -- picking No. 8 overall -- has spoken with a handful of teams hoping to move up the board for Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. The Giants (No. 10), Bears (No. 11) and Dolphins (No. 13) all make sense as trade partners. 

I will be livid if the Giants took Elliott.  I honestly don't think Jennings/Vereen is a RB bad duo.  They rotated 4 RBs all last year so it was impossible for any of them to get going.  Once they finally committed to Jennings late he played very well.  And with Vereen they only ever brought him in on passing downs which made his presense on the field very predictable.

It's not that a new RB wouldn't be an upgrade.  I'd be fine if they took someone with a mid-to-late round pick to replace Andre Williams who sucks.  But there are far more pressing needs for this team.

So, are we expecting Goff to be the first off of the board? 

I'm hopefully that as the Niners have 12 picks this year they won't feel the need to trade down their first round pick.  I've seen Buckner and Stanley both banded about as potential first picks for us, be happy with either of those.

Goff and Wentz are 99% likely to be the first two picks in that order.  It would take something drastic at the last minute (like La'el Collins last year) for that to change.

Everything after that though seems wide open.  Buckner at #3 seems to be gaining traction but there is a lot they can do with that pick.  They could decide to go with Ramsey instead, or could trade with somebody who wants to jump to #3 to get Ramsey before Dallas.

I wouldn't be upset with the Giants taking Elliott, but I'd be furious if they give up picks and move up two spots for him.

It's not their style anyway, generally just sit there and trust the board in the first round. If that's Elliott at #10, then cool.

• Admin

Mike Mayock's one and only mock draft. For the lazy: 

Spoiler

Goff to Rams
Wentz to Eagles
Stanley to Chargers
Elliott to Cowboys
Ramsey to Jags
Tunsil to Titans (from Ravens)
Buckner to 49ers
Bosa to Browns
Floyd to Buccs