2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

If Jalen Ramsey falls to the Jags I might attempt a backflip at 2am.

Set up  an NFL.com "Predict the pick" here: http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/2458

Password is "ewb"

Also, my first round mock:

1. Rams: Jared Goff
2. Eagles: Carson Wentz
3. Chargers: DeForest Buckner
4. Cowboys: Jalen Ramsey
5. Jaguars: Joey Bosa
6. Ravens: Laremy Tunsil
7. 49ers: Ezekiel Elliot
8. Browns: Laquon Treadwell
9. Buccaneers: Ronnie Stanley
10. Giants: Reggie Ragland
11. Bears: Leonard Floyd
12. Saints: Vernon Hargreaves III
13. Dolphins: Jack Conklin
14. Raiders: Myles Jack
15. Titans: Shaq Lawson
16. Lions: Eli Apple
17. Falcons: Kevin Dodd
18. Colts: A'Shawn Robinson
19. Bills: Robert Nkemdiche
20. Jets: Sheldon Rankins
21. Redskins: Corey Coleman
22. Texans: Will Fuller
23. Vikings: Cody Whitehair
24. Bengals: Andrew Billings
25. Steelers: Hunter Henry
26. Seahawks: Ryan Kelly
27. Packers: Darron Lee
28. Chiefs: Chris Jones
29. Cardinals: Paxton Lynch
30. Panthers: Noah Spence
31. Broncos: Emmanuel Ogbah

Edited by Dan
  • Like 1

If Floyd is on the board at #10 and the Giants pass on him I'll be pretty upset, to be honest.  The only LB I'd take ahead of him is Jack and most reports I'm seeing suggest that the Giants have totally taken him off the board because they've had too many injuries in recent years to justify the risk of Jack even though he could wind up being the best player in the draft.

My best guess is Floyd as their top target, Conklin as the second option, and if both guys are gone they'll either re-assess Jack or see if they could trade back.  Ragland or Darron Lee (another guy I've seen mocked to the Giants) feel like reaches at #10, ditto for the receivers.

The Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee is meeting today (right now?) to discuss feasibility of building a stadium in Las Vegas. If it's approved Mark Davis is expected to pounce. In fact he's supposed to be at the meeting to lend his support to the stadium plans.

So the draft mind wind up being the second biggest story of the day.

Eh, the ones with sense will stay on the straight and narrow and the ones who don't will just accelerate their decline. It's only 17 weeks of the year and it shouldn't play a factor. I mean Manziel went off the rails while living in Ohio.

29 minutes ago, TCO said:

Eh, the ones with sense will stay on the straight and narrow and the ones who don't will just accelerate their decline. It's only 17 weeks of the year and it shouldn't play a factor. I mean Manziel went off the rails while living in Ohio.

I mean, most of them are going to choose to live in the area, so its more than 17 weeks.  Manziel went off the rails while playing in Cleveland sure, but where did he do a lot of his partying?  Vegas.

54 minutes ago, Lineker said:

So what's the plan for tonight? IRC chat or just use the thread? 

We have the thread for a reason!

When did they start doing this NFL Draft Red Carpet deal? It's horrible.. but nothing else is really on so I'm watching. >_>

It's either that or watching ESPN where Nick Saban is getting interviewed in his car on the way to the draft..