2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Pretty bummed Dallas walked away from trading with the Ravens. Given what happened with Tunsil we weren't gonna take him at 6 (in fact, removed him from the board entirely) and getting Ramsey at 4 would have been huge. I like Stanley he's a safe bet at LT, but with Tunsil's slide we had more time to secure a good OL and could have dropped down. Oh well.

Hopefully Dallas doesn't take Ragland today, would love to have him fall to us. Far too wary on Myles Jack.

Cleveland has played a brilliant draft thus far, and Connor Cook is just sitting there for them.

I really do hate other Cowboys fans, so delusional.  Apparently if we drafted Jalen Ramsey we would immediately win the Super Bowl.  I thought we'd be drafting a rookie safety and converting him into a corner, but apparently he's going to walk straight into the NFL and immediately become a hybrid of Deion Sanders, Night Train Lane and Darrell Revis, cover the entire field by himself and intercept every pass.

Ramsey is a great prospect, I would have been happy with picking him, but I think he's going to be far more effective in Jacksonville as Gus Bradley's scheme will suit him better.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mofoticon said:

Connor Cook would be the absolute worst pick the Browns could make, he is not going to be a good NFL QB as his arm/accuracy combo is bad and he's a poor leader with ego problems. Browns should either take Michael Thomas or trade down at 32.

Every single QB in this draft is flawed for some reason or another, you could gamble and hope he drops further and you can grab him later or take him now and hope you can polish him up.

51 minutes ago, damshow said:

Every single QB in this draft is flawed for some reason or another, you could gamble and hope he drops further and you can grab him later or take him now and hope you can polish him up.

At this point, I'd rather take Hackenberg or Prescott in round 3, or just wait for DeShaun Watson in 2017.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Work Experience Jack said:

I don't know enough about the players the 49ers have drafted thusfar to be even cautiously optimistic or anything, but on a scale of 1-10 how are they doing in the draft?

I think the trade up for the guard was panned. But the Buckner guy was considered a good pick.

I kind of expect the Lions to grab a dlineman in the second round with so many being available. At the same time I think safety (Bell) or center (Martin) is in play.

Just now, Jake O. Rhodes said:

Weird selection by the Cowboys.

Elliot was very much a 'win now' pick. Jaylon Smith won't play this year at all and might never be the same again.

If you're going to take the risk on an injured player like that, why not Miles Jack?

Jaylon's better.