2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

I said in the college football thread either this past year or the year before that Ole Miss was dirty. The fact that they came out of nowhere from lovable losers to one of the few teams that could beat Alabama wasn't a coincidence. To quote Nick Nolte from Blue Chips "The best players money can buy!"

God damn, I love Blue Chips. :wub:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I guess Denver was afraid some team was going to trade back in to the first round for Lynch, but I really think we could have sat still and taken him at #31. I'm really going to be stewing about losing that third round pick to take that guy. :/

Cowboys were high on him and rumored to be looking to trade back into the first round, so you may not have been safe.

Poor Myles Jack.

Reading the takes from all of the Giants' beat guys.  It just sounds like they were flat out unprepared for the possibility of Floyd and Conklin both being gone.  I mean, I get it.  The Tunsil thing completely threw their plans out of whack.  Tunsil would have definitely gone to Baltimore had he not screwed up (they've come out and said Stanley was always ahead of Tunsil on their boards, but I'll bet that's bollocks.  Every team says that) and the Titans were said to have Stanley on their board ahead of Conklin, so if they had traded up it'd have probably been for Stanley.

Weird set of circumstances but still no excuse to not have a real plan C.  Even though I've shat on the pick I of course hope Apple plays well and makes me feel like an idiot but he still just seems like way too much of a developmental pick to take in the top 10.

Here's hoping the Giants can actually get some value out of their mid round picks this year.

Now that I see the available guys left, I'm happier with the Elliot pick, Cowboys can still walk out with a damn good defensive player.

• Like 2

I am very pleased with our pick. Gotta be top-five in Name Quality in the first round. When I wake up I will power rank the first-round draft pick names just to be sure.

• Like 1