Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

• Admin

Hull caretaker boss Mike Phelan revealed after yesterday's game that he will stay in charge until the ownership of the club is resolved.

Steve Bruce left his role as manager on 22 July - a breakdown in his relationship with vice-chairman Ehab Allam contributing to his departure.

Tigers fans protested before the game, calling for owner Assam Allam to sell the club.

"All I'm aware of is that a takeover is happening," Phelan said. "It's not a finalised deal yet. I'm in charge up to that point - I agreed to that.

"There's a week to the next game [against Swansea next Saturday] and a lot will happen in that time I'm sure."

• Admin

Manchester United duo Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Eric Bailly make their Premier League debuts. Henrikh Mkhitaryan is on the bench. Two debuts for Bournemouth, with £15m signing from Liverpool Jordon Ibe and Lewis Cook, the summer recruit from Leeds, both starting.

Bournemouth: Boruc, Francis, Adam Smith, Steve Cook, Daniels, Surman, Arter, Lewis Cook, Ibe, Wilson, King.
Subs: Federici, Gosling, Aké, Afobe, Gradel, Brad Smith, Grabban.
Manchester United: de Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Fellaini, Ander Herrera, Mata, Rooney, Martial, Ibrahimović.
Subs: Romero, Rojo, Memphis, Carrick, Rashford, Mkhitaryan, Schneiderlin.

Referee: Andre Marriner

Just now, Nerf said:

Mata? o_O

I love Mata. But Rashford or Mkhitaryan should start ahead of him today. Aside from Shaw and Martial, it's a team severely lacking in pace. At least we have it to bring on, I suppose.

Let's fucking do this. We're going to win the league! etc. etc.