Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Thought it might have been just outside from the first replay, but looks like it was just in.

Something you're guaranteed to see every game of football at every single level; a defender barrelling through the back of a striker so that the ball ends up at their feet. Then, when a foul gets called, they pick the ball up and gesture to the ref "LOOK I GOT THE BALL".

Yes, you have the ball now that you've clattered the centre forward. 

Edited by Whisper
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Mané seems perfect for Klopp's style of play.

I mean, he scored, but why would James Milner be on pens when you have Coutinho and Firmino in the team?

Milner is a very good penalty taker though and his a history of taking them. Attacking player who can finish ≠ good penalty taker, it's a very different skill.

• Like 2

Just now, TCO said:

Milner is a very good penalty taker though and his a history of taking them. Attacking player who can finish ≠ good penalty taker, it's a very different skill.

I'm not arguing with that. It just strikes me as odd when you have someone on the pitch who can strike a dead ball like Coutinho can.

Put it this way, I'd bet more on Coutinho scoring a pen than James Milner. That's probably purely based on him being English though... :shifty:

It's one of them pens where it is a foul but I just think they are soft to give. We have the benefit of super slow mo replays and multiple camera angles I'd find that hard to give unless the ref was about 5 yards away. 

Just now, Whisper said:

I'm not arguing with that. It just strikes me as odd when you have someone on the pitch who can strike a dead ball like Coutinho can.

Put it this way, I'd bet more on Coutinho scoring a pen than James Milner. That's probably purely based on him being English though... :shifty:

I wouldn't bet on Coutinho to score unless it was a screamer. 

4 minutes ago, unitedツ said:

Wonder whether the Liverpool fans that I saw on twitter saying Shaw dived last week will think that was a dive. Exact same foul. :P

Why would you be bothered what people on twitter post about football. Twitter is a cesspool of bias :P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Whisper said:

Coutinho has waffed pretty much every penalty he's ever taken for us :P

3 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Milner now has scored 13/16 in his career according to Transfermarkt. He's one of the more reliable ones in the world.

I reckon if your toilet was fucked and you needed a plumber, James Milner would come in and do a professional job and get it done. The lad can do everything slightly above average!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, TCO said:

I reckon if your toilet was fucked and you needed a plumber, James Milner would come in and do a professional job and get it done. The lad can do everything slightly above average!

Jack of all trades, master of none. 

Mane is walking a tight line. If we can get a second goal I'd take him off as soon as. 

Small margin with that offside but Lallana was off. Wijnaldum took his time with the ball but a good attacking move. Really need a second goal here. 

Just now, Davidmarrio said:

Mane is walking a tight line. If we can get a second goal I'd take him off as soon as. 

Small margin with that offside but Lallana was off. Wijnaldum took his time with the ball but a good attacking move. Really need a second goal here. 

Really don't see Spurs getting a goal at the moment.