Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

39 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Eh, cracking game to be fair. First half cost us massively. Players on both sides looked absolutely knackered. Probably doesn't help having an early Saturday kick off when some players only got back in the country in the early hours of Friday.

But another 90 minutes of Wayne Rooney contributing absolutely nothing. At this point, I'm convinced it's written into his contract that he plays every game.

Realistically, this game should tell Jose that Lingard, Blind and Rooney don't feature in our best 11. Fellaini did alright again but, aside from his aerial presence, I'm not sure what he offers that Schneiderlein doesn't do better.

I got shit for jumping on Lingard last season but it's typical of him. The odd flash of brilliance and the fact he's a local lad seems to give him a free pass with a lot of fans. He was awful for a lot of last season.

On 9/6/2016 at 08:57, TCO said:

It was also an Ander Herrera shirt from last year's Champions League that he clearly swapped for after playing them.

Absolute scenes as man wears cool souvenir as leisure wear!

What is this "scenes" thing that people say these days?  Am I too old to understand it?  I see it on Twitter and Facebook, I would genuinely like to know!

• Like 1

James Collins has put Watford level with a deflection on Ighalo's shot going in (not really his fault, to be fair) and then Deeney scores on a great chip after Collins' error causes panic. Not quite sure how old Redwood gets in the team ahead of Ogbonna or Tomkins (West Ham shouldn't have sold him)

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Thought I was imagining it. Is the camera on the side of the new stand, then?

Yeh it's always been on the main stand side. I'm trying to figure out where the hell the camera is now 

Cracking finish by Firmino. 

I know it's only been 4 games but Mane has been an excellent buy. We have actual pace now out wide and that combining with a playmaker like Coutinho/Firmino and a striker like Sturridge gives us an exciting attack.