Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Strange decision from the board. Bad start, but considering they played against the reigning champs and three contenders, I think its harsh. The chairman was seen talking to Bradley at Bristol Airport a few days ago, he gets sacked on his birthday and almost immediately after Bradley is appointed. I wonder if Bradley has been hired because of the new American owners, and I wonder if it is because they want to get a piece of the American market. Can wait for them to be renamed as The Swansea Swans...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

Son got caught offside like 10 times. That probably was annoying Lamela. Lamela hasn't been overly good this season compared to last (so sorry Jimmy).

and I made a bet that he'd score at least 10 in the league this year :shifty: 

or was it 15.

either way, he's still great f u lineker

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Freelance Hobo said:

I misread that as Bob Paisley.

He's been dead for about 20 years! :shifty:

He'd still do a better job than most managers today. 

I find the decision by Swansea a bit baffling. A good point against Chelsea, played well against City and first half against us they were really good. If they took their chances it would have been a completely different game. It could pay off but I do think Guidolin has been hard done by. 

It's been real hit and miss this season but the fixture list has been no help. For every good, even great, performance against teams like Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool, there's been awful performances against Hull and the Southampton match could have ended five-nil. If we lost to Watford in the next few weeks then yeah, questions should start being asked. But this is awful treatment of Guidolin and to make matters worse, the Supporters' Trust wasn't consulted on the sacking which shows how little the new owners care about the fans that rebuilt the club.

Edited by Gorka

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

and I made a bet that he'd score at least 10 in the league this year :shifty: 

or was it 15.

either way, he's still great f u lineker

Lamela reminds me a lot of Van der Vaart and Keane in that he's got excellent vision, wants to be at the centre of creating play and makes really smart runs into space which are all too commonly ignored or missed by the other players on the team. Those two players would also get frustrated by those around them too.

That's not to say that any of them were/are the "best" players in their teams, but their vision for movement and making runs was/is incredible and often overlooked by pundits and critics as they wouldn't get the ball.

As an aside, all three have been my favourite Spurs players during their time with the club. Love that kind of vision/movement thing.

• Like 3

I personally love the Bob Bradley hire. However, as a Yank, I'm biased. I really do think he's a good manager, and I think he deserves his chance. He's the first American to ever manage in the Premier League, and that's great for Americans in the game, and more importantly coaches... Unless he ends up bombing badly... Then no American probably ever gets another chance like this. No pressure, Bob!

2 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Lamela reminds me a lot of Van der Vaart and Keane in that he's got excellent vision, wants to be at the centre of creating play and makes really smart runs into space which are all too commonly ignored or missed by the other players on the team. Those two players would also get frustrated by those around them too.

That's not to say that any of them were/are the "best" players in their teams, but their vision for movement and making runs was/is incredible and often overlooked by pundits and critics as they wouldn't get the ball.

As an aside, all three have been my favourite Spurs players during their time with the club. Love that kind of vision/movement thing.

and i luv u :wub:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gorka said:

It's been real hit and miss this season but the fixture list has been no help. For every good, even great, performance against teams like Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool, there's been awful performances against Hull and the Southampton match could have ended five-nil. If we lost to Watford in the next few weeks then yeah, questions should start being asked. But this is awful treatment of Guidolin and to make matters worse, the Supporters' Trust wasn't consulted on the sacking which shows how little the new owners care about the fans that rebuilt the club.

Should the Supporters' Trust be consulted on a managerial sacking? This is a genuine question, I don't know how involved in the legal ownership or running of the club they are, though I'm well aware of the history involved in your near-death and rise from the doldrums.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Should the Supporters' Trust be consulted on a managerial sacking? This is a genuine question, I don't know how involved in the legal ownership or running of the club they are, though I'm well aware of the history involved in your near-death and rise from the doldrums.

They own about 20% of the club, second only to the new American owners. To me and a lot of supporters, that's justification for consultation.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Freelance Hobo said:

I misread that as Bob Paisley.

He's been dead for about 20 years! :shifty:

I thought the original weekend at Bernie's was stretching the credibility a bit. This modern day remake is a bit too ridiculous. :shifty:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GLORIOUS Szumi said:

I personally love the Bob Bradley hire. However, as a Yank, I'm biased. I really do think he's a good manager, and I think he deserves his chance. He's the first American to ever manage in the Premier League, and that's great for Americans in the game, and more importantly coaches... Unless he ends up bombing badly... Then no American probably ever gets another chance like this. No pressure, Bob!

It's a pretty risky appointment with little upside. Gambles, by their nature, should theoretically have more upside. It stinks of American brand exposure at the expense of on-field results, which makes no sense for a club fighting relegation. They could've done a lot worse than David Wagner if they wanted to crack the (kinda) US appeal without compromising on-pitch integrity. As it is, they've pretty much appointed the American Hodgson. Yawn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam said:

They'll be too busy fighting each other to notice tbh

• Like 3